How many more cups will the Habs win in your lifetime assuming we live until our 80's

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I'm 85 and I'm hoping for one more Cup. If it doesn't come in my remaining years, let the younger fans mope about it. They have a far better chance of seeing it realized than I do.

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
I wonder, will we all be here on HF to celebrate it?

I've already been here 10 years. 10,000 posts.

If I die at 80 having been here for 55-ish years and having 75,000 ****ing posts (I'll post more as I get older, I'm sure...) and I have not seen a cup in like 65 years, I GUARANTEE YOU I'll have the world's biggest rant ever on here on my death bed.

"You damned kids! I remember Larry Robinson! Sure he played for L.A. but I remember him! You can take your Crosby The Third and shove it! You can take your Google Brain Chips and shove them too! Back when I was your age, nurses wore skimpy little white outfits with white nylons and little hats with the red cross on it, the thing that spoons my peas is a damn robot! AND THEY'VE GIVEN IT CURVES TO TEASE ME!!!"

That's pretty funny. :laugh:

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
I saw 2 cups that I can remember - was a little too young for the late 70's ones. I think the team will win one in the next ten years.

Imagine young leafs fans having this convo after the '67 cup.. :)

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
I was 8 months old when we won in '93. I'm 22. My theory is "it's gotta happen eventually". I expect at least one cup before I die sometime in the next 60-80 years (knock on wood). Realistically, I feel if we win one cup, we'll have a dynasty and win a couple. We're a rich team who won't totally strip the club after we win, so if we win one, we'll win 2-3 in a shot.

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
Considering that most of the people posting here are not senior citizens, we are not only speculating on how the Canadiens will do with players who have yet to reach the NHL, we are guessing how the team will do with players who haven't even been born. In 1980, having the first overall draft pick and having won six of the last ten Stanley Cups, if you had asked a group of Canadiens fans how many Cups Montreal would win over the next 30 years, I'm sure most people would have guessed far more than two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad