How many more cups will the Habs win in your lifetime assuming we live until our 80's

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Well I am 20 now so yea 60 years they should win around 5 IMO. Thats one per decade.

Unless they go all Chicago Cubs on everyone. :shakehead:

mattef

consider the following...
May 12, 2014
Montreal, QC
12?? omg

You realize no teams other than Montreal and Toronto already have that many amount of cups?

Detroit, Chicago, Boston, New York don't even have 12 cups in like 90 years of history. And back then it was much easier in a 6 teams league than now.

Buffalo, St-Louis and Vancouver (and until recently LA) don't even have a single cup in 40+ years of history.

I'm 27, and I'm going to say mayyyybe 1 cup during my lifetime.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I'm lucky, I've lived through 17 Cups already, so one more would be sweet.

Last edited:

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
I've lived 30 and seen just 2 cups (only 1 that I really remember).

I'm going to give myself another 45 years on this earth.

I will say we win another 6 by 2059. (2-3 for Price, PK, Galchenyuk, Pacioretty, Scherbak and co.)

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
I wonder, will we all be here on HF to celebrate it?

I've already been here 10 years. 10,000 posts.

If I die at 80 having been here for 55-ish years and having 75,000 ****ing posts (I'll post more as I get older, I'm sure...) and I have not seen a cup in like 65 years, I GUARANTEE YOU I'll have the world's biggest rant ever on here on my death bed.

"You damned kids! I remember Larry Robinson! Sure he played for L.A. but I remember him! You can take your Crosby The Third and shove it! You can take your Google Brain Chips and shove them too! Back when I was your age, nurses wore skimpy little white outfits with white nylons and little hats with the red cross on it, the thing that spoons my peas is a damn robot! AND THEY'VE GIVEN IT CURVES TO TEASE ME!!!"

Last edited:

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
A kid in the 70s, but vaguely remember
'76
'77
'78
'79
Highschool
'86 - remember Skrudland playfully punching Naslund standing on the bench with seconds left for the cup...
'89... crying in my beer in my freshman year of college, a hater of the Flames for life as they carried OUR cup around in OUR hallowed building
'93... All those OT wins... big John LeClair with those two OT goals in LA

Wish I had partied harder! I still have both cup hats from the '93 cup:nod:

Im 48 now.... 32 team league in the cap era.... 2 maybe 3 .... i will spend whatever it takes for a ticket to see the Habs clinch a cup at home.... I can die in peace then. :wave:

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
I'm 27. Probably won't make it to 80 but if I do, I hope for one. Just one would make me happy. Obviously the more the merrier but to watch it all live, like I did in '93 would be something I'd never forget. Especially watching it with my kids.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
I've seen the last seventeen Stanley Cups, all of those have Beliveau's name on them as a player 10 times and as an executive the other seven. I'm all in for another 6 SC's before I kick it! 30 is a nice round # of SC's for the Habs, with another 20 yrs. to get those 6, that's two threepeats :handclap::handclap::handclap:, one each decade!:handclap::handclap::handclap: Galchenyuk, Subban, & Price are you ready to start this run?

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
I really think our best chance will be with Andrei Markov still in the lineup, with him gone, it's hole that is nearly impossible to fill. We have some good kids, none of which will likely have the impact on this team that he has had.

I'll be happy with 1, 2 would make me delighted.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
With the spirit of Big Jean residing in the Bell Centre, the return of Stanley Cups are assured for all of the Habs fans once again,IMHO.:nod:

Davebo*

With the spirit of Big Jean residing in the Bell Centre, the return of Stanley Cups are assured for all of the Habs fans once again,IMHO.:nod:

Only if that spirit infects our players AND coaching staff. I've been around for many cups as well. This group can do it, if they give a consistent 60 minutes every night.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Well, If you could travel in time 40 years in the future and watch what happened and see that the Habs have not won any cups since, and you could not change anything and then you would go back to the present and would have to live with that thought, how would you react? I've thought of this cause I have the impression that it will never happen again. (Well unless the cap is taken away that is)

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
I'm 28 and I'd settle for 2 or 3.

The way the league is structured now means that nobody can stay on top for an extensively long period.

BigBlueReg

Dec 5, 2014
England
Wow that is a lot in 10 years when they haven't made it to ECF in say 21 years!!! Are you saying Price/Subban on another team perhaps will win 3 cups?

Reckon your finger slipped from S to E. I've been a hockey fan since Vancouver 2010. Seen two Habs ECF appearances.

Zorro

Aug 5, 2011
I'm thinking 2 or 3 and I'm 31. The Habs' window is open right now, so a couple of SCs within the next 7 years is doable. After that I'm afraid the window will close, unless our drafting is spot on again.

DenverHabsFan

Sep 9, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
Things you've never seen if you are 20 or younger:

- Habs win a cup
- Kurt Cobain live
- Global temperatures colder than the previous year

Difficult times we live in... :cry:

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
There's been two in my lifetime. I only remember 93.

Let's say if they win 2 every 29 years, I'll see 2-4 more Cups. I'd be cool with that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad