How many more cups will the Habs win in your lifetime assuming we live until our 80's

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
12, really? I mean, I really hope so.. but we've won 0 in 20+ years. This isn't the old NHL anymore, unfortunately. I'm 27, and I'd say 6-8.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I think the Subban/Galchenyuk/Price/Pacioretty/Eller generation can win at least one cup and should be a perennial contender.

If they don't win one by the end of Subban's contract, it will be a failure on the part of Bergevin.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Well, I'm in my mid 30's so that's 45 years having one chance every year.

But.

We're a big market with big budgets, which means we'll be able to keep our players and hire some more. This helps.

We have a core, a prospect pool and management that I feel will make us top contenders for 3-4 years out of the next 10. This helps too.

One in the next 10 years. I'd say that's a good ballpark figure actually, one every 10 years...

So 4-5 in the next 45 years. Also, the Leafs won't win any and become the Cubs of the NHL.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I think the Subban/Galchenyuk/Price/Pacioretty/Eller generation can win at least one cup and should be a perennial contender.

If they don't win one by the end of Subban's contract, it will be a failure on the part of Bergevin.
Eller over Gallagher....

DenverHabsFan

Sep 9, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
12??? There's not even a team that won 12 in the past 40 years. Much more unlikely in the next 40.

Look at the Bruins with 1 cup in the last 40 years with some great rosters during that period.

Not only you need elite talent but a healthy lineup and a LOT of luck.

1-2 cups would be an above-average accomplishment, imo. I'll settle for a perennial contender.

Guy Germaine

Jul 25, 2005
Montreal
I would be ecstatic with one actually. Took it for granted when I was a kid in '93.

Same here. As a kid in the 80's you hear about the dynasties and experience a couple of championships and kind of grow to expect one every 5-7 years.
I'd be happy to see one more, and really think the crowd expecting 2-3 cups with this core alone are dreaming.

Dirby Kach

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2009
One cup if we are lucky.
It's a very tough trophy to win. All I ask is one before I die.

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
What a depressing thread. It's the journey that counts!

There's a thread in Kings forum complaining about kopitar. So at least we fans know how to carry on no matter the results.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad