How many goals for rookie Victor Olofsson this season?

Goalofsson Goals

• Total voters

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
Led the SHL in goals two seasons ago with 27 (most since 2014-15), just got 30 in the AHL his first year in NA.
Has a lethal shot and is currently slotted on the top line with Eichel + Reinhart.

Assuming he plays with one of those two for most of the year and stays on PP1, how many goals do you think he will get?

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
I could see him maybe getting 35 between his shot and having either Eichel, Reinhart or both set him up.

Went with 34-39.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I could see him maybe getting 35 between his shot and having either Eichel, Reinhart or both set him up.

Went with 34-39.

Considering he's in the AHL right now that's a very bold statement?

Assuming he stays up most of the year I'd say between 21 and 26?

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
It depends how long it takes for Jeff Skinner to start saying he wants to play with Eichel and Reinhart

Reactions: NeverForget06

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
Considering he's in the AHL right now that's a very bold statement?

Assuming he stays up most of the year I'd say between 21 and 26?

Just messing around with the cap (forget the specific reason).

I'd be shocked if he wasn't on the top line with Eichel and Reinhart to start tomorrow. See no reason for him not to be playing with at least one of those two for the whole season.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Just messing around with the cap (forget the specific reason).

I'd be shocked if he wasn't on the top line with Eichel and Reinhart to start tomorrow. See no reason for him not to be playing with at least one of those two for the whole season.

Okok. Great for the sabres if he can score 30+ this season... and at that sort of production he'd be a favorite for the Calder too

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
40+ as an option....slow down

He's good, but a 20 goal season for a rookie is good. 40 is basically unheard of unless you are a budding superstar. I think he'll be in the upper teens, which is a good season. I'll say he scores 18.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
so then which forward on the sabres won't be on the team that's listed on their team per cf?

Lazar, Dea and Pilut were called up as part of said paper transaction, but none will be on the roster as of tonight.

Olofsson and Jokiharju will be back up and in for tonight.

Reactions: wetcoast

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Lazar, Dea and Pilut were called up as part of said paper transaction, but none will be on the roster as of tonight.

Olofsson and Jokiharju will be back up and in for tonight.

If these 2 young players can make decent contributions to the Sabers this year it will go a long way to their playoff chances.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
If these 2 young players can make decent contributions to the Sabres this year it will go a long way to their playoff chances.

Jokiharju is likely our 4th best RD when healthy and didn't impress much in preseason so not sure about him.

But Olofsson should hit 20+ this year. Potential for 30 if he stays in his current role most of the year.

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
40+ as an option....slow down

He's good, but a 20 goal season for a rookie is good. 40 is basically unheard of unless you are a budding superstar. I think he'll be in the upper teens, which is a good season. I'll say he scores 18.

I'd say 40 is unlikely but not impossible, hard to judge how he plays with higher end talent right now.

Remember he just turned 24 and has been playing in pro leagues since drafted I believe, so i'm not really treating him like your traditional rookie.

Most rookies also don't have a shot like his, or get to immediately play with players like Eichel and Reinhart while getting top PP minutes, which this is based on.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
The sign in your first option should be reversed. Right now it says greater or equal to 20.

Reactions: qqaz

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
The guy is legit. He is the definition of the term "goal scorer." That's his game, he is a shooter. 30+ goals can happen.

Plus the coaching staff praised him non-stop over the pre-season for how good the rest of his game is. Apparently they thought he was an offense only type of player, and were blown away by how NHL ready he is without the puck. If that's the case, then it's highly unlikely that he loses his job on the top line. Him being there takes care of Buffalo's depth problem, because other talent moves down giving them a more balanced lineup.

Long story short: Olofsson is good enough to stick on line 1, and the coaches want him to stick there.

Reactions: kundahlini

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad