How Many Cups Has Your Team Won During Your Life Time?

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I was born in March of 1996. My dad is a big Devils fan and always jokes that he wanted to name me Stanley. :shakehead

I remember going to the triple OT game where Marshall scored against Tampa Bay in 2003, but have absolutely no recollection of the Devils winning the cup that year. I wasn't that big of a Devils fan at that time.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
:wings

4 cups : '97, '98, '02, '08. Only the last two are still ingrained in my memory, I was too young for the first 2 (born in 1987).

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I was a huge Bure fan back in the day, and that '94 run still gets to me. To this day I can't see Messier without getting all upset :laugh:

I was too young to remember the 82 series, but the 94 team broke my heart. The 8th seed team going in. Seemed like every game the Canucks went into OT and managed to squeek out the win. Every game but the last :( , Lafayette hitting the post in the dying minutes. That Canucks team had a lot of beauties on it, Linden, Bure, McLean, Adams, Lumme, Courtnall, Ronning, and so on. Almost beat the dynasty NYR, almost.... *sigh* Still the most exciting playoffs I've ever witnessed. 2011 had nothing on 1994.

May 17, 2009
Maine
I really enjoyed the posts where people said four and then proceeded to list the years as though readers might wonder which four (or maybe dead people post here?).

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Zero. And while they had some good playoff runs when I was in middle / early high school, they at this point haven't won a playoff series since I was in Grade 11 or something like that.

It's been a tough ride as a Leafs fan! I became a much bigger hockey fan in my early 20s than I was as a kid, and yet have had NOTHING to cheer for up until this season with the youth movement.

Rayzorexe

Meh..
Dec 29, 2009
Toronto, ON

I was a casual hockey fan from 2003 until i started closely following the Leafs during the 2005-2006 season and beyond.

Nothing but pain since.

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
One, but at the time I wasn't truly a passionate hockey fan so I don't really have a lot of pride in it. Sure I watched it happen live, but I couldn't have told you many player names. In my opinion, I don't think you have bragging rights to any Cups won before you were truly passionate about your team. If I'm lucky enough to see my guys win another, I honestly think I will cry from happiness/pride.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00