How long until Mcdavid takes over league lead in points?

How many games played by Mcdavid before he leads the league?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
So what do you think of guys like Savard, Bossy, Trottier, Stastny, Hawerchuk etc? Not very good? Gretzky destroyed them in scoring.

Not very good compared to who? McDavid, Crosby and Ovechkin? No, not particularly in a straight up skill comparison. Who knows how well they all would've done today but Gretzky would not be the best today as he was, and that is not exactly a groundbreaking opinion nor does it really mean much other than they shouldn't be compared.

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Not very good compared to who? McDavid, Crosby and Ovechkin? No, not particularly in a straight up skill comparison. Who knows how well they all would've done today but Gretzky would not be the best today as he was, and that is not exactly a groundbreaking opinion nor does it really mean much other than they shouldn't be compared.

So why even bring it up?

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
I wasn't the one who originally compared him to Gretzky if you read the post I responded to.

All he said was that he, "might be the most enjoyable player to watch" since Gretzky. Entertainment is subjective. Then you went and said he's better than Gretzky in every way, which is pointless to say if you think players from Gretzky's era suck compared to current players. It's a given in that case. You may as well also Brock Boeser is better than Bossy in terms of ability, Eichel is better than Trottier etc if your opinion is that all these players are vastly inferior to today's players.

Reactions: Cotton

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
All he said was that he "might be the most entertaining player to watch" since Gretzky. Entertainment is subjective. Then you went and said he's better than Gretzky in every way, which is pointless to say if you think players from Gretzky's era suck compared to current players. It's a given in that case. It also means you think Brock Boeser is better than Bossy in terms of ability, Eichel is better than Trottier etc.

Read the post again and see if you can spot the part I responded to. I don't care to go on about it though because it rubs people the wrong way.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017

Yes, yes it is

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Came in looking for numbers...
didn't see any...

So this is for others who were seeking the same thing...

Current Raw:

1. Matthews 9gms, 16pts
2. Rantanen 8gms, 14pts
3. Reilly 9gms, 14pts
4. MacKinnon 8gms, 14pts
8. Malkin 6gms, 12 pts
15. McDavid 6gms, 11 pts

Current PPG:

1. Malkin 2.00PPG
2. McDavid 1.83 PPG
3. Matthews 1.78 PPG
4. Rantanen 1.75 PPG
... MacKinnon 1.75 PPG

Reactions: dukeofjive

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
I honestly think makinnon is the only one with a shot his line is top notch, malkin has the ability but chances are he misses a few games and that will be enough for Mcdavid or makinnon to take it .

It looks like both Mcdavid and makinnon are going to have monster seasons. Mcdavid is better but Mack is set up better to succeed

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
This OP will become more irrelevant as days go by because the votes will all shift lol. We will have people voting 11-20 games but it would actually follow into the 21-30 games

Reactions: I am not exposed

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
He tends to make big statistical pushes late in the season, yeah?

So if it happens, I expect the last dozen games or so

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
I went with 41-50. A few guys have started the season really hot, and some of them might keep it going for a while like Kucherov did last year. I'm predicting that he takes it for good just past the halfway point of the season (hopefully no serious injury).

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
ES points or all points? He is six behind in the all important ES points race.
He will win that race by seasons end as well. As far as co distinct goes he’s on a different level than anyone else in the league. He doesnt have the luxury of being carried by multiple other superstars when his play slips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad