How long until Mcdavid takes over league lead in points?

How many games played by Mcdavid before he leads the league?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
I would be extremely surprised if by game 42 he wasn't leading the league in points. I went with 31-40 because of the slowish start. He is just too good to go all season without making up the gap, even with **** on his team.

Slowish start? Hes played 5 games, and has 11 points lol

I vvoted between 11 and 20, now im wishing I would of voted <10

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Slowish start? Hes played 5 games, and has 11 points lol

I vvoted between 11 and 20, now im wishing I would of voted <10
For some reason i thought he only had like 8ish points while Mathews had 16. You are right and i was wrong. Apparently he made a big stride since the last time i looked at his point total. I thought he was going to have to over take a hot mathews with a bigger point lead then whats actually there. You are probably right and he will take the lead and hold it before game 10. My mistake.

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Before game 10 for sure. I even think McDavid would be leading the league if he played as many games as Matthews.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
DpywdgRVAAACv4s.jpg

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
McDavid would probably be in the lead now if the Oilers didn't start in Sweden. McDavid will make up ground by game 20 and wont look back after that IMO

He now has both RNH and Drai as very capable wingers to help him rack up pts.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

snag

Feb 22, 2014
McDavid would probably be in the lead now if the Oilers didn't start in Sweden. McDavid will make up ground by game 20 and wont look back after that IMO

He now has both RNH and Drai as very capable wingers to help him rack up pts.

Drai isn't with him 5v5

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
McDavid might be the most enjoyable player to watch since Gretzky. He's better than Gretzky in that he can operate at a higher speed.

Don't embarrass Austin Matthews by comparing him to McDavid.

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
McDavid might be the most enjoyable player to watch since Gretzky. He's better than Gretzky in that he can operate at a higher speed.

Don't embarrass Austin Matthews by comparing him to McDavid.

He's better than Gretzky in every way except that he didn't play in one of the easier times in NHL history to dominate in.

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
He's better than Gretzky in every way except that he didn't play in one of the easier times in NHL history to dominate in.

So what do you think of guys like Savard, Bossy, Trottier, Stastny, Hawerchuk etc? Not very good? Gretzky destroyed them in scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->