How long is Murray's leash?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Murray’s leash is 3 years ... he won’t be bought out.
I think the question was more about how long he will be the go to starting goalie before we giving the starts to one of the other guys, not whether we will buy him out.

Are you saying you expect him to own the net on the merits of his play, or just that we won't swallow the cost of buying him out even if he underperforms?

Personally, I think we give him 20 games and if his sv% is under 900 we start giving the kids the reigns. I agree we probably never buy him out, but we can't throw away seasons anymore, so he needs to play above replacement level to keep the starters role.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I think the question was more about how long he will be the go to starting goalie before we giving the starts to one of the other guys, not whether we will buy him out.

Are you saying you expect him to own the net on the merits of his play, or just that we won't swallow the cost of buying him out even if he underperforms?

Personally, I think we give him 20 games and if his sv% is under 900 we start giving the kids the reigns. I agree we probably never buy him out, but we can't throw away seasons anymore, so he needs to play above replacement level to keep the starters role.

I think something close to what you described will happen and any “demotion” will be clouded with some injury much like it was this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad