How Long Does it Take for You to Get Over Playoff Elimination?

How Long Does it Take for You to Get Over Your Team's Playoff Elimination?

• Total voters

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
depends on the context. If we were a wildcard team and got wrecked by the #1 seed, i wont really care all too much.

If we were a top team and lost a close game 7 to another rival top team, i'd care for a lot longer

GordieHowsUrBreath

Nostalgia... STOP DWELLING ON THE PAST
Jun 16, 2016
Keep telling yourself that. I'm not hurting from anything. "Greatness" is a very relative term.

I don't have to tell myself anything, you keep proving it with your pettiness and vindictive views of the pens

2009 was a long time ago, get over it I never see posts like yours coming from sharks or preds fans

and back to back cups are pure greatness, that is not the least bit debatable

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
It typically takes a day or two for me, but this season I was over it immediately. It's hard to complain or have too much negativity when you're coming off of two straight championships.

Reactions: icon6668

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I don't have to tell myself anything, you keep proving it with your pettiness and vindictive views of the pens

2009 was a long time ago, get over it I never see posts like yours coming from sharks or preds fans

and back to back cups are pure greatness, that is not the least bit debatable
Not sure how this is at all subjective. The only team in the modern era to achieve consecutive championships but... meh it's "a very relative" term. lol

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Depends how it ends.

I'm pretty much already over most for the Sens, even the Cup Finals in 2007. We just weren't as good as the Ducks.

I don't think I'll ever be over losing in Game 7 ECF against the Pens in 2017 and the Devils in 2003. If anything, it's just getting worse over time. One goal away from the SCF with a very good chance to win in both years.

Last edited:

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Interesting question. I wonder how much history and the loss itself factors in. For example, would Yankees fans have been more devistated over game 7 of the 2001 WS had they not won four in five ( Including three straight) previous to that? Or does the moment
( Heartbreak) overtake anything else?

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Now it takes about 24 hours to get over playoff eliminations.

But the Pens v. Isles series in 1993 series loss still hurts. The 1996 Pens v. Panthers game 7 of the eastern conference loss hurt a lot too. More recently, the Pens v. Red Wings Stanley cup loss stung in 2008 seeing the Wings raise the cup in Pittsburgh

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
I was not that disappointed in the Pens losing. Two cups and probably so many games was taking some toll. Pens are still a cup favorite with Sid, Geno ect. It was not like this was the last chance to get there. But at some point it will be over and that will be a time to reflect and appreciate all the good that has happened.

GordieHowsUrBreath

Nostalgia... STOP DWELLING ON THE PAST
Jun 16, 2016
Not sure how this is at all subjective. The only team in the modern era to achieve consecutive championships but... meh it's "a very relative" term. lol

exactly

that dude goes out of his way to diminish their accomplishments, that's how bad 2009 hurts it's almost creepy how bitter he is over it

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
voting a week or two (I cheer for the Leafs so its been a while :laugh:)

but I guess depending on how and what stage my team may get eliminated; that time may vary

Outlier: Game 7 vs Bruins in 2013 I was in shock for about a month

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
It’s still heartbreaking as a Sens fan, last year still feels like magic and especially after a year like this... yeah, still can’t get over it.

I, however- have closure knowing that the goal that eliminated us wasn’t offside, goalie interference, or that it hadn’t cross the line.

Sep 19, 2008
few days

Less now that they finally made third round but I was pissed for a few days after Pitt beat Washington

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
200.gif

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
Maybe I'm getting old(30) but I don't let a sport and something I have zero control over bother me too much.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
I'm still a bit bitter about playoff exits in the 80's, 90's, & 00's

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad