How Long Does it Take for You to Get Over Playoff Elimination?

How Long Does it Take for You to Get Over Your Team's Playoff Elimination?

• Total voters

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Depends on the context. This year it was pretty easy to get over because Vegas adjusted after the Sharks gained momentum and won, but it took until the Sharks went to the finals in 2016 to get over the loss to La in 2014.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Really depends I think for most people if their team was a big upset or not expected to win and how good of year they had.

For me with the Jets, I knew they would have trouble with LV b/c LV gave us fits during the regularl season. IMO the Jets are have no chance of winning three straight so I've accepted it already and have no issue with it. We had a fantastic year, broke multi records during it, have more wins this year then some original six teams have ever had in their entire time as a franchise. We took a massive step forward this year and stunned many people who had us as a non playoff team this year. I can't wait for the summer off season to start and making moves, contracts signed, draft and possible trades.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Depends really.
Got over 2017 and 2018 the next day.
Still not over 2013, not because we deserved to move on but because of what it did to all of us after years of garbage.
Still am disgusted by 1999 and 2000 (six shots, really?).

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
One I remember feeling like a gutpunch was 2003 when the Wild came back to beat the Canucks. Can't rememer how long it took me to get over that as a kid, but definitely a week or two. 2011, well that took some time as well but thats a little more expected.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad