How has Tanev been?

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
I think we're all really happy with him. He draws a ton of penalties and is a very hard-working player. I think his presence has helped bring a feeling of hunger back into our locker room, something that's been missing since the most recent Cup years.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
He's got me questioning my sanity for wanting him to get time in the top-6. Absolutely love the guy and everything he brings.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
This:
giphy.gif

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
What everyone above said is accurate. But it does make it hard to believe the comments above given all the whining and *****ing about the contract he received this summer.

Another wait and see moment. Plenty of those recently.

Never cared about the term. We needed him , thats all that mattered. I do wish we had the room at the time to add Erik Haula for our 3C tho. Would have been perfect. Him as our 3C and able to put McCann in the top 6

Guentzel - Crosby - Kahun
McCann - Malkin - Rust
Galchenyuk - Haula - Hornqvist
Tanev - Blueger - Bjugstad(if not traded)

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Everything we expected x100. 90 percent of people were ecstatic when he was attached to the pens because we knew he was the exact player we needed. Then he brings it 10x more.

The contract will always be a point of contention. His comparables were significantly less. But id rather have Tanev and a debatable contract than no tanev at all. THAT point has drastically changed all of our minds. I would have said majority would have passed at the 6 year need/request. Now i think we all agree we will deal with it even if he drops off. His motor is that worth it.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
I hate looking at contracts in hindsight. At the time, it was laughably bad. He has proven a lot of of wrong, including myself, but doesn't change the fact that at the time it wasn't a good deal.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
How has Tanev been for you guys this year?

We've managed to make due with his replacements but man oh man do I miss him on our 3rd line.

Got me wondering how he's been for the Pens.

Kicking Arse and taking names! Love him, and on pace for 41 points which is awesome production with all the other atributes he brings.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Exactly as advertised. Fast, physical, point here and there, draw penalties like a mother f'er and can fit on nearly any line.

Glad we have him. 6 years may have been a tad much but...I can deal.

Reactions: lastcupever75

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Also, from a lot of the responses, people are kicking themselves for being wrong about the guy. Don't be. He's the kind of player you have to watch to fully appreciate. He's the kind of player that you can't use stats to value. Six years is a big contract but I think he'll hold his value throughout.

I think the big issue here is Rutherford made two blunders in Hunwick and JJ two years in a row on top of the Reaves deal. There was a ton of contention from a bunch of us and when you see a 25ish pt player who played on one of the best bottom six lines in the league you question if he would have that success. Especially with the term. Now we are seeing Lowry fall apart without the Copp and Tanev pairing.

Tanev, Kahun, even Galchenyuk have all changed that tide extremely.

Reactions: ColePens and Peat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad