How has Tanev been?

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Right, I remember that. Yeah, Donskoi would have been great here too. But there was someone everyone was super mad we didn't sign because of Tanev and I can't remember who it was and the search engine here is pretty much ass.

Ferland, Gusev and Gardiner is who people were mostly mad about. Ferland has been his injured ass self, Gusev legitimately sucks and Gardiner has not been very good in Carolina so far.

Reactions: Peat

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
He's been good, but my issue has always been more with the term than the price. Will he be this good three-four years from now? We shall see.

Love the player, hope he can keep it up.

Term was never an issue to me and I really don't understand the other side that thought it was. 1. Tanev will only be 31 in his 5th year of this deal. Hagelin just signed a 4 year deal at age 31 to provide the same type of play although not as good in my opinion. So age regression really isn't that much of a concern to me. 2. Let's say the age regression starts showing signs in the second half of this contract. This team is built to contend during these next 3 years. After that we might be on a rebuild and looking to tank. I hope not but I was never concerned with that contract length. Now paying Schultz who will be 30 next season to a long term deal does scare me. Big difference between signing a 27 year old to 6 years than a 30 year old to 6 years or more.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Gusev is at 3.06/ 60....which is great. I’d take him over Gally... if NJD wants to get rid of his extra year and take a rental, I’d definitely do that

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Gusev just had 3 primary assists yesterday.

And is still ass-tastic as far as what is required to be a top 6 winger in the league. Skates like a goober and can’t defend. His 3 assists put him on pace with Tanev now, then take every positive attribute Tanev has, make it into a negative, and you have Gusev. Maybe he’s rounding a corner, but it’ll take more than one game against a team on a six game losing streak to convince me otherwise. I thought he looked awful in their game vs Pit.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
And is still ass-tastic as far as what is required to be a top 6 winger in the league. Skates like a goober and can’t defend. His 3 assists put him on pace with Tanev now, then take every positive attribute Tanev has, make it into a negative, and you have Gusev. Maybe he’s rounding a corner, but it’ll take more than one game against a team on a six game losing streak to convince me otherwise. I thought he looked awful in their game vs Pit.

His comparable here isnt Tanev, but Galchenyuk.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Ferland, Gusev and Gardiner is who people were mostly mad about. Ferland has been his injured ass self, Gusev legitimately sucks and Gardiner has not been very good in Carolina so far.
Erik Haula too, who fhe Canes also have.

Vegas still owes us for Fleury, why wasn't JR contacted about him first?

Helping us get Brassard does not count. In fact they owe us two favors now with how that panned out

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
he's the kind of self starter every team needs and if you saw any of the isles series last year, the kind of player this team desperately needed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad