How does Daddy Katz feel about all this?

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Ugggggh... Yak is looking like our best right winger going into the future :shakehead

If I had to pick a top 5 player on our team, I'd rather unload Eberle.

Yeah, with Eberle you know what you got. A player that will collect pts on a good line but perennially underscore and be on ice for high GA rate.

With Yak I see a physically strong player that could impose will more all round the ice and that requires honing but has gifts more likely to make him a force to contend with.

Eirhead*

Yeah, with Eberle you know what you got. A player that will collect pts on a good line but perennially underscore and be on ice for high GA rate.

With Yak I see a physically strong player that could impose will more all round the ice and that requires honing but has gifts more likely to make him a force to contend with.

If that's the player they're trading... I don't think I'll be able to watch Oilers hockey anymore this year. Maybe McDavid will suck me back in as a fan in a year.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
i wish katz was sitting with bob nicholson,

bob WTF how do i fix it?

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
i wish katz was sitting with bob nicholson,

bob WTF how do i fix it?

If he's smart, he's likely already had Bob looking at this tire fire and already has the thoughts of Mr. Nicholson on what to do. Then you sit down and ask the same questions to the GMs and president. Therein is your answer as to who knows what is going on and how to fix it.

Maybe Nicholson was the very quiet hatchet man we've all been wanting? I know, lots of straws to grasp at. :(

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
The look on MacT's face during the thrashing in Phoenix was like something I hadn't seen in quite awhile. Since MacT was dead man walking. This time I think its Eakins biting it. My take is there could be an announcement soon. Something is up.

Personally I think this is a good thing.
Does this mean that somebody is about to step down? It's not like anybody got fired the last time.

rec28

Dec 16, 2003
Vancouver Island
Visit site
Yak is my current favorite personality on the team and a player imo that is interesting to watch and see develop.

Sure hope this isn't what it is.

This org can take a flying leap if its going to give up on a young #1 pick instead of ****canning the coach.

Well, as with everything, it depends on the return I suppose. For the last 2 years or so I've been harping on the fact that management has fallen in love with their "core" and fails to recognize them as assets. I fully support a BPA draft strategy every time (in the 1st 2 rounds, anyway), but only in the sense that once you have those BPsA in your pocket, you are open to trading them as premium assets to fill the holes on your roster, as required. Just because we drafted Eberle, Hall, RNH, Yak, Nurse and Drai doesn't mean they have to represent our core. There's nothing to say that they and only they can deliver us to the promised land (and I think they've very effectively proven the opposite). So, if they are moving one of the "Big 4/5/whatever", then I support it, as long as the return makes sense. Regarding Yak specifically, it would be frustrating to see him leave but if he (likely in a package) brought back, say, RyJo then I'm on board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad