How does Chris Lee still have a job?

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Honestly I think the NHL tells the refs to allow cheap shots to stars. Somehow they believe injuries to the leagues best players will help the league. I mean it’s the only possible rational for letting all that extra crap happen away from the play

What baffles me is none of these media guys/sports journalists even try to inquire about this with the league. If I had their job I’d be badgering them non-stop.

Is it incompetence on the refs behalf or a secret standard mandated by the league itself? Is player safety a priority or not? Fans aren’t stupid. Anyone with half a brain can see this shit show for what it is.

Reactions: double5son10

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Please don’t make the Leagues officiating problem a Chris Lee problem. It goes much deeper than that. They already got rid of Peel, it changed nothing. The problem is much bigger than one bad ref. Chris Lee does suck though.

Last edited:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Please don’t make the Leagues officiating problem a Chris Lee problem. It goes much deeper than that. They already got rid of Peel, it changed nothing. The problem is the much bigger than one bad ref. Chris Lee does suck though.
Exactly. If the nhl felt Lee was not calling the games the way they want he wouldn’t still be officiating.

all on the nhl.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Honestly I would love to see you guys referee an NHL game.
This is such a bad take.

So because I'm not an NHL player that means I can't tell that Gretzky is a better player than Domi? And I shouldn't be able to talk about it?

We can't watch and see how he compares to other refs and comment on it because we're not refs ourselves? Call me crazy but I think we can criticize him for the bad games he's had.

It's his JOB man.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
The most insulting part of all this is how stupid the NHL thinks their fans are if they thought people weren't going to eventually figure out their blatant mafia style game management.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It just boggles my mind why the NHL is okay with crosschecks to the back/ribs. What is it about that dirty play that they think adds something to the game and should be allowed to happen continuously?

I just don't get it. It's not even really "physical, tough play". It's crosschecking an opponent from behind where he doesn't even have the opportunity to defend himself. What is it about this specific play that the NHL thinks it should highlight in its game as an example of "playoff hockey"?

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
It just boggles my mind why the NHL is okay with crosschecks to the back/ribs. What is it about that dirty play that they think adds something to the game and should be allowed to happen continuously?

I just don't get it. It's not even really "physical, tough play". It's crosschecking an opponent from behind where he doesn't even have the opportunity to defend himself. What is it about this specific play that the NHL thinks it should highlight in its game as an example of "playoff hockey"?
They want to reward cowardly plays so the NHL looks tougher than it should be. Crosschecking a guy with a stick to the ribs doesnt require effort or sacrifice, just like using a gun. Anyone even a kid could use it to their advantage. When they dont call penalties, these things will happen. It will be really easy to have a team of goons take out star players with this tactic in order to win the series. In NHL eyes, this is "physical" hockey lol. Its the equivalent of punching a guy on the back of the head in boxing when they are bent over. There is a reason why its an illegal move in boxing.

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
Please don’t make the Leagues officiating problem a Chris Lee problem. It goes much deeper than that. They already got rid of Peel, it changed nothing. The problem is much bigger than one bad ref. Chris Lee does suck though.

This is the truth. . There’s always been the “let them play” element to the playoffs but it’s become a complete fiasco. . Refs want to let them play so they let worse and worse stuff go on right in front of them. . It’s absurd . . And it only gets worse as they try to game manage and end calling soft shit later in the game after allowing absolute cheap shots to star players early in the game . . The players and fans are understandably baffled about what is and what isn’t a penalty

It should be embarrassing to a league trying to grow the sport. . Could you imagine trying to explain the rules to a novice hockey fan as you watch a playoff game? The idea of it is laughable

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!

Half of it is probably the “advancements” in players kit though… body armour now is literally like an exo-skeleton.

Doesn’t make it right though.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Have you played hockey before? There's no equipment in that area
Yes, I have actually.

And I also played when body armour wasn’t a literal exo-skeleton. Hell, I wore the Sherwood lace up body armour that was about as useful as a chocolate teapot. Look at the advancements with modern day body armour. Even shorts these days are huge with all their spinal protection and the like.

Again, not saying any of that makes it right.

theimmortal1

Sep 26, 2020

Yep. Physical plays should be about finishing checks, blocking shots, etc. Cross checking, especially a player that doesn’t even have the puck, is not physical play. It’s ridiculous

Reactions: auximenes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad