How does Chris Lee still have a job?

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
I don't like McNabb but Suzuki pushed him with 2 hands after the whistle and got a little left jab in the face for his troubles. Am I missing something more here? Could have been 2mins for the jab, but it wasn't anything grotesque.

Reactions: Sam Cogliano

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
I think the refs are just bad. They let a player get away with something, then another player does something worse but they don't call it because they let it slide earlier in the game etc...

If it was rigged, they would have given a penalty to Weber only when he punched and cross-checked Nosek, instead of penalizing both players. Or they would have called that for example:

Now THIS was a missed call worth getting worked up about.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
So ehhhh no call al' game but calls that weak ass hooking penalty ?:laugh:

it was almost worst than Kotkaniemi's "roughing" penalty against the Jets lol

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Canadian media is making this a bigger deal than what it really is.

If I wasn’t such a lazy POS, I could go and find numerous instances calls were missed on Vegas’ players.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I don't like McNabb but Suzuki pushed him with 2 hands after the whistle and got a little left jab in the face for his troubles. Am I missing something more here? Could have been 2mins for the jab, but it wasn't anything grotesque.

You missed that it was during the play and the whole sequence of comedy from the refs that led to it followed by the ref calling a travelling call.

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
Canadian media is making this a bigger deal than what it really is.

If I wasn’t such a lazy POS, I could go and find numerous instances calls were missed on Vegas’ players.
It’s not about cherry picking missed calls to suit one’s belief as much as it is about a clear observable bias in favour of one team with regards to how the calls are made. I know it can be hard to come to terms with said bias when it doesn’t align with our ideologies.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

Matching or nothing. Ref chose nothing

the paisanos guy

the hell do i know about cooking a shirt?
Dec 6, 2010
Where has the Canadian media suggested refs have been biased against Montreal? They're saying they're not consistently calling the rules, which they obviously aren't. All fans should be able to agree on that right now

Last edited:

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Sportsnet riling up the Canadien fans by crying ref all night as well.
As they should. If you're content to take this shit up the tailpipe then you're a better man than the rest of us, I guess.

The NHL is a farce and the only time it manages to make waves is when it inevitably f***s up. That's the sign of a shit league that doesn't know what its doing.

Reactions: greatwhitenorth

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
As they should. If you're content to take this shit up the tailpipe then you're a better man than the rest of us, I guess.

The NHL is a farce and the only time it manages to make waves is when it inevitably f***s up. That's the sign of a shit league that doesn't know what its doing.

Molson must be a real shit owner than to let him team get railroaded by Foley and the evil VGK.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
How does any NHL referee still have a job? After the Tim Peel fiasco it should be open season on NHL officiating.
Except Tim Peel didn't really do anything wrong, just did as he was told. He's the scapegoat so that the general public wouldn't figure out that NHL reffing is the very opposite of fair.

Reactions: schumway2

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Lol he's not going to bite the hand that feeds him.

If you think the NHL is a well-run league, then feel free to purchase this bridge I'm selling.

I think they do fine as a whole. Ref crying is taken to a whole new level and media is feeding into it because it gets them ratings

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I think they do fine as a whole. Ref crying is taken to a whole new level and media is feeding into it because it gets them ratings
They absolutely do not do a fine job. Every year they get worse. Stop blaming the f***ing media on a sport with a failing league run by incompetent fools.

There's a reason this sport gets overtaken by the likes of soccer, Nascar. Hell, the cornholing championships probably get better ratings.

Reactions: I am toxic

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
They absolutely do not do a fine job. Every year they get worse. Stop blaming the f***ing media on a sport with a failing league run by incompetent fools.

There's a reason this sport gets overtaken by the likes of soccer, Nascar. Hell, the cornholing championships probably get better ratings.

Talk about some hyperbole.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Talk about some hyperbole.
Please tell me how the NHL does a fine job. Do they market their stars? Only if they play in a select few markets (half of which aren't playoff teams anymore). Do the refs do their job according to the actual rulebook or the one in their minds? The inconsistency shown by NHL officiating is maddening and it only gets worse in the playoffs because referees lose control of the game.

Seriously, after that fiasco in game 3 how is any one of those referees still employed? If you miss that call then you're either incompetent, blind, or hiding bias. If you can't call the penalties that are automatic how can you be able to call anything?

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I try to be fair in my assessment of referees and think the game goes fast and is hard to judge … yet they really sucked tonight, and two days ago, this is somewhere between incompetence and corruption.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019

He already hits him while he is down lol

umad

Mar 23, 2012
Milky Way
di202z62uj671.png

Shades of 2011

Dynamic

Dec 21, 2004
Edmonton
I haven't following super closely but wow what I am seeing is absurd. I don't care much who is or is not getting calls, I am more concerned about what that calls are. And I can honestly say I have no clue what the rules are anymore. Even the easy ones where a guy gets hit in face by a stick and is leaking all over is not called.

I'm sorry boys but there is something seriously wrong. I have been watching hockey since I was 7 years old and playing nearly as long. I should have a handle on what will or won't get called. I am watching the game and I minus well of been some slub from England watching trying to figure out what the rules even are anymore. If I had to explain the rules to somebody new to the sport watching for the first time I would look like a fool. This is embarrassing for the league.

I'm sick of this "playoff hockey" reffing. Remember several years back when the NHL decided they were going to call the rules on obstruction. And they actually followed through for a couple months. And there was tons of penalties early on but the players adjusted. Now we are back to square one. Mcdavid (not just him) trying to skate with 3 guys on his back. Blatant interference all over the ice. This debacle of a series that no matter what happens will be talked about after.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Starting to just accept that hockey is just beyond the limits of humans to ref properly. We're forever doomed to have to see terrible completely unpredictable calling of the NHL rule book.

Really hoping there isn't some scheme by the NHL to try to drag all these series out to 7 games now in an effort to maximize revenue to make up for a year of lost revenues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad