How does Chris Lee still have a job?

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
I found game 3 reffing in favour of Vegas. I found for game 4, it was not as biased in one direction or the other but just terrible non calls or calls on both sides. Poorly officiated and no one had any idea what was a penalty and what wasn’t heading into the 3rd.

- a habs fan

slybel

Jan 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Ah well... nothing we can do. Let's move on! We all know we should not even be here...but we are! That is the bonus!

If I was a rich Owner, I would be liquidating my CASH flow by harassing the NHL... LOL! But.. probably now.. since when you are rich... you keep your money... !

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
NHL refs are bad. That's nothing new. I guess new teams make it this far in playoffs, they attract fans that don't usually watch the whole game/watch while actually paying attention.

But trust me, this is nothing and unfortunately it's going to be the same next year.

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Reffing has always been all over the map.. this is nothing new at all... every regular season game, every playoff game fans from both teams feel shafted... unfortunately there is nothing nobody can do. Sometimes i agree 100% with fans of teams frustration and sometimes fans use it as an excuse

Reactions: powerstuck

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
After so many years of "Montreal typical," it's refreshing to see the habs get the short end of the reffing stick for once.

AndyWozniewski

Jan 18, 2017
Equally? Nah.

The boarding is an automatic 5minutes early season. The high stick on Perry is an automatic 4 minutes.

Just with these 2 calls, it's 9 minutes of PP denied by these 2 refs.
I'm not even including the McNabb incident or all of these trips, hooks, obstruction, etc.

this is a one sided affair. Refs got Vegas' back and everyone knows it, even the GN's players.
I was only talking about game 4 specifically. In game 3 the Habs got f***ed hard with the high stick non call.

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
After so many years of "Montreal typical," it's refreshing to see the habs get the short end of the reffing stick for once.

"Montreal Typical" is a figment of your imagination which gets debunked every single time it is brought up, so take your Tortorella conspiracies elsewhere.

Reactions: Varlan

Smittey

Jun 22, 2011

Goto the 6:02 mark. The Leafs deal with this stuff ALL THE TIME. Why is bad officiating just now coming to light as an excuse for the Habs? The Habs literally got to round 3 with bad officiating and DOPS decisions alone.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Tim Peel. Chris Lee.

I vote for a ban of refs that have names that are only 2 syllables

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
They weren't complaining when it was happening to the Avs is what im saying. Craig Simpson gave it to Chris Lee good last night. Where was that energy a few weeks ago?

I watched the Avs - Knights series final 4 games. And the last 2 games were worse than anything I can remember in those. They were bad but Noone had a liece of their nose cutoff, Chris Lee watched Suzuki get punched in the face by someone who is like 5 inches taller than him no call.

The commentators rarely ever call out officiating and only when it's terrible.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I watched the Avs - Knights series final 4 games. And the last 2 games were worse than anything I can remember in those. They were bad but Noone had a liece of their nose cutoff, Chris Lee watched Suzuki get punched in the face by someone who is like 5 inches taller than him no call.

The commentators rarely ever call out officiating and only when it's terrible.
McNabb is doing the same thing in this series that he was doing in last series. You don't think Mackinnon, Makar and Rantanen weren't getting punched in the face, hooked, held and tripped? Nobody seemed to care when it was happening to the Avs. Now everyone cares because its happening to the Habs. I agree the reffing in this series has been horrendous against the Habs I just wish this energy was around a few weeks ago.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
McNabb is doing the same thing in this series that he was doing in last series. You don't think Mackinnon, Makar and Rantanen weren't getting punched in the face, hooked, held and tripped? Nobody seemed to care when it was happening to the Avs. Now everyone cares because its happening to the Habs. I agree the reffing in this series has been horrendous against the Habs I just wish this energy was around a few weeks ago.

I agree the Avs got jobbed, but noone had part of their nose cut off, I sure Avs got punched in the face but did we see a ref look directly at it, start a motion to make a call and then stop himself?

Forsead

Apr 7, 2009
Québec City
At this point get Earl Hebner on the ice instead, at least the NHL will admit it's rigged.

montreal-screwjob.jpg

Reactions: double5son10

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014

Goto the 6:02 mark. The Leafs deal with this stuff ALL THE TIME. Why is bad officiating just now coming to light as an excuse for the Habs? The Habs literally got to round 3 with bad officiating and DOPS decisions alone.

We got to round 3 because the Leafs are soft as butter and the Jets were doomed since game 1, Shitfele or not

Reactions: Varlan

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl

Lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad