How does a goalie feel when the puck is on the other side?

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
I used to watch and see who deserved a good 2 hand on the back of the calf or cup check to anyone that looked at me funny. Then I wld google their names on the scoresheet if they scored on me and stalk their house waiting to hit them with my car.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Have you ever been to a game and sat in the lower bowl directly behind the goal? You know how they're super nice seats when the play is in the end closer to you - you get to watch the plays develop more clearly, and you can even see things like the facial expressions on the player's faces if you look close enough? But then when the puck is in the other end you can barely see shit and figure out what's happening - it's still a good seat, but you look up to the Jumbotron here and there and kinda wish you were just watching the game at home?

Yeah.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
in the NHL it is one thing and I am sure they are always anticipating the coming play which is probably only seconds away, in some non-professional leagues where games could be complete mismatches and you get one team just dominating and a goalie is standing there doing nothing all game I do wonder if they honestly wish they were getting shots against them rather than just watching their team dominate

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand goaltending. The saves are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical flashing leather most of the pucks will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Lehner’s zany outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these goalies, to realise that they’re not just amazing at Hockey- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike goaltenders truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the pad stack in Marty ’s existential catchphrase “padda dadda STACK,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Vezina’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a goalie tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 sv% points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Goalie here. Been in therapy from years of spending a ton of time each game alone in my own thoughts. I created a bunch of imaginary friends trying to cope. I would talk to Jose if I was having a good game. Denise would comfort me on bad games. It got to a point where I’d talk to both off the ice as well. They keep me company all the time. I’ll share more details later because Denise is almost done with dinner.

Reactions: Vertain

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes