Post-Game Talk: How do you rate the Habs TDL?

Rate the Habs 2021 TDL

• Total voters

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
How much did Bergevin’s trade deadline deals lead to the Habs terribly mishandling their recalls and the cap?
Arpon Basu in The Athletic today said there was a big deal that didn’t materialize at the deadline, which then led to scrambling for Plan B - Gustafsson and the recall fiasco.

It looks more & more as if the org was banking on the DeAngelo move.

Reactions: Vachon23

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Arpon Basu in The Athletic today said there was a big deal that didn’t materialize at the deadline, which then led to scrambling for Plan B - Gustafsson and the recall fiasco.

That's so pathetic. In that scenario... settle for Merill and be done! Now we have Romanov stuck on taxi squad and spare parts Kulak. What did we need Gustafson for?? Evans and Caufield are going to get bumped out of the line-up soon because we will have to play the useless twins. (Byron and Drouin) All because of this dumb, dumb, dumb decision to trade for Gustafson.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
That's so pathetic. In that scenario... settle for Merill and be done! Now we have Romanov stuck on taxi squad and spare parts Kulak. What did we need Gustafson for?? Evans and Caufield are going to get bumped out of the line-up soon because we will have to play the useless twins. (Byron and Drouin) All because of this dumb, dumb, dumb decision to trade for Gustafson.
TSN690 said today Habs will use last recall on Romanov by the weekend after shuffling $ down

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
TSN690 said today Habs will use last recall on Romanov by the weekend after shuffling $ down
I thought he was already 1 out of the 4 recalls as they send him down and 2 mins later called him back up on deadline day

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Merril is solid, Gus is crap and frankly messed up the recall/cap situation.

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
Yeah terrible to put Ducharme in that situation. There’s a few options in Laval to add some energy and break the funk, but we can’t use them.

Merrill is a fine bottom pairing D.

Gus has terrible decision making.

Staal sucks. I liked it at first but I’m not paid to watch NHL game and scout players. They should have known he was on the fast track downhill.

Reactions: puckeater

puckeater

Dec 3, 2005

This is frightening to think they thought adding a Sean Avery character type is the glue needed to solidify the team. Just stinks of rotting garbage.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I voted D, but with the benefit of hindsight, it was clearly an F. They completely screwed up their recalls on top of that and handcuffed themselves. The actual improvements to our roster were in Laval and with Caufield. Not with Staal, Merrill and Gus guy. Just completely awful.

The one time MB did a good job in the off season, he messes it up at the deadline. Frustrating.

Jul 6, 2016
Staal - last 15 games has 1 pt and a -10, costs 1.625M in cap and a '21 3rd/5th round pick

Gus - has played 4 games, 2 pts,+1, costs 1.5M in cap and a '22 (STL) 7th round pick

Merrill - has no pts and is a -6 in his last 5 games, he costs 925K and a '21 5th (Sens) plus Verbeek.

good stuff.

Less picks = less possibilities for Timmins to make errors.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Staal - last 15 games has 1 pt and a -10, costs 1.625M in cap and a '21 3rd/5th round pick

Gus - has played 4 games, 2 pts,+1, costs 1.5M in cap and a '22 (STL) 7th round pick

Merrill - has no pts and is a -6 in his last 5 games, he costs 925K and a '21 5th (Sens) plus Verbeek.

good stuff.
Staal is the real problem.

I have no issue with them taking a chance on a vet for depth. But he's demonstrated no ability to be able to keep up. There's no reason for us to continue playing him and yet we do. We should be giving that ice to others.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Staal is the real problem.

I have no issue with them taking a chance on a vet for depth. But he's demonstrated no ability to be able to keep up. There's no reason for us to continue playing him and yet we do. We should be giving that ice to others.

It's actually the only player I'd be patient with simply because we know he has achieved WAY better results in a near past. Although I fully admit my hopes are not high. He may have permanently lost a step. Or he might be saving it for the playoffs. But I'm sure the other guys he got haven't got more in the tank

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Voted F and I stand by it lol

Merrill is ok, Staal is useless and Gus is f***ing terrible. And Merrill ain't that much of an upgrade over Kulak

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
had to update it to an F...

the bumbling of the cap/roster space & waiving an RFA youth <1M$, all to add a press box player in Gustafsson, was absolutely pathetic.

The complete failure of pro scouting on Staal also has continued to get more and more evident.

Complete failure as a GM, gave up assets, didn't improve the team, hurt his coach/team's roster flexibility at a crucial time of the year. Just plain incompetent roster management.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Did the Sabres sign or trade for Staal originally?

Looks like they reverse pulled the Scandella move on us lol

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
had to update it to an F...

the bumbling of the cap/roster space & waiving an RFA youth <1M$, all to add a press box player in Gustafsson, was absolutely pathetic.

The complete failure of pro scouting on Staal also has continued to get more and more evident.

Complete failure as a GM, gave up assets, didn't improve the team, hurt his coach/team's roster flexibility at a crucial time of the year. Just plain incompetent roster management.
Clear F, made the team worse while causing complete shenanigans with cap/roster recall. He can’t be gone soon enough.

Reactions: Miller Time

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
There are 8 posters who gave this f***ery an A and 39 B’s. only in Montreal can you make your team worse, f***up the cap, roster recall and strip flexibility away from your coach and receive an A or B grade for your efforts.

Reactions: Miller Time

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

good stuff.
I was surprised more people didnt vote F initially honestly lol
Even WORSE the trades almost bumped off Romanov from the line up AND have now forced KK to the wing

just genius genius stuff right there lmao

Reactions: montreal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad