Post-Game Talk: How do you rate the Habs TDL?

Rate the Habs 2021 TDL

• Total voters

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
I think the Habs play a lot of mediocre games. But I also think in the playoffs they have the ability to turn it up more in comparison to their regular season version more than other teams can.

The balance and veteran depth is unprecedented. If they were getting anything close to the goaltending they're paying for, they'd be near the top of the standings.

ArsHabs

Nov 4, 2017
When did I decide for anyone? I posed a hypothetical and used the word imagine.

Of course it’s up to them and the team to decide... smh.

Got to love when you get quoted out of context with the rest of your post removed.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Got to love when you get quoted out of context with the rest of your post removed.

Well whatever. Not out to convince anyone we dodged a PR bullet. The guys is talented offensively, there’s no denying or arguing that. However, his locker room and on ice antics are well documented. He threw a verbal slur at a teammate while in junior that was bad enough that Sarnia suspended him. He said this to a teammate...

Granted, his public history or racial and homophobic slurs seem to be limited to his junior career. Is he a better person now? Well, I won’t stir that pot but his recent history of getting into a locker room fight with Krieder was documented, as well as the reasons why they fought.

Anyhow, if he could be kept in check by Weber and the locker room gang, or if he passes some sort of screening interviews with the team, so be it. That said, the likelihood of him coming North for any team is probably zero so whatever.

Reactions: ArsHabs

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Well whatever. Not out to convince anyone we dodged a PR bullet. The guys is talented offensively, there’s no denying or arguing that. However, his locker room and on ice antics are well documented. He threw a verbal slur at a teammate while in junior that was bad enough that Sarnia suspended him. He said this to a teammate...

Granted, his public history or racial and homophobic slurs seem to be limited to his junior career. Is he a better person now? Well, I won’t stir that pot but his recent history of getting into a locker room fight with Krieder was documented, as well as the reasons why they fought.

Anyhow, if he could be kept in check by Weber and the locker room gang, or if he passes some sort of screening interviews with the team, so be it. That said, the likelihood of him coming North for any team is probably zero so whatever.

If Bargain Bin signs DeAngelo, I'm done with this shyteshow until their both gone...that's a step too far for me and I've loved this team for almost a half-century...luckily, I can't see that galactic douche wanting to play in Canada anyway...he probably still thinks we live in Igloos and take dogsleds to work...

Reactions: sandviper

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
It's a C.

It's average.

He didn't address any fundamental need. He didn't make a splash, but he also didn't trade anything important.

Merrill is a good pickup and hell hell Romanov. It also allows Kulak to be the 7th once Chiarot is back. This will help.

I'm just tired of MB though. Haven't been able to stand him since 2018.

Reactions: calder candidate

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I wasn't overly impressed. It may help, we will see. But I doubt it.

Especially, Bergs if he did indeed ask about DeAngelo. As it goes against everything he has done in the past. Before he removed people with questionable character in Subban or Galchenyuk, from his team. Now, he tries to acquire one? I sense an act of desperation on Bergs part. But he did not part with any high picks. Which he easily could have. Perplexed!

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Marc with his strategy yet once again:pullhair:

images

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

Especially, Bergs if he did indeed ask about DeAngelo. As it goes against everything he has done in the past. Before he removed people with questionable character in Subban or Galchenyuk, from his team. Now, he tries to acquire one? I sense an act of desperation on Bergs part. But he did not part with any high picks. Which he easily could have. Perplexed!
Quite simple: ownership ok’d the move based on belief the teams leadership core would keep DeAngelo in check - and the player would be read the riot act w a zero tolerance policy. Also worth noting DeAngelo doesn’t drink / do drugs nor does he have a history of nocturnal activities which probably went into their calculation.

For an org that has tried so hard to stay out of the limelight / media attention (making sure the team is as vanilla as possible), not sure DeAngelo aligns with that strategy....which is the part I’m perplexed with

Goal Caufield50

Jul 13, 2007
It's an F.

Another abject failure to do anything of substance.

Either go all in and fall on your f***ing face so we can tank
Or build for the KK/Suzuki window.

Fence sitting for 10 years has given us mediocre results.
Andersen, toffoli, Perry, Allen Edmundson are producing.,How about Romanov? KK and Suzuki are struggling. Bergy has had a good year by any standard.

Reactions: aresknights

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Ill wait til the D plays to judge :)

fair... and... can't ignore the well known quarantine realities.

Team is 2-3 since the deadline, and 5-7 since trading for Staal...

the cap/call-up mismanagement certainly hasn't done the coaching staff any favors as far as trying to stop the ship from sinking.

so it would be silly to consider the impact of trade deadline moves without considering the impact on the team, as seen via their on-ice performance.

hopefully Merrill can be enough of an upgrade on Kulak to make a difference, and Gustrafsson can pull a streit and suit up at fwd (bc if he is put in the lineup instead of romanov, that will be an epic fail)... but hard to see either of those "additions" being that much of a positive bump (and that's assuming that they aren't as much of a net negative as Staal has been).

Reactions: Streetsamurai

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Larry Brooks, the beat writer for both New York teams, said that Habs were willing to pay DeAngelo the money he would have lost from the Rangers had he agreed to the contract termination.

Dreger this morning on TSN690 said that Bergevin, Brisson, and Gorton had all agreed on everything, it was DeAngelo that refused to accept the termination.

Even a locker room cancer refuses to play for us...

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
fair... and... can't ignore the well known quarantine realities.

Team is 2-3 since the deadline, and 5-7 since trading for Staal...

the cap/call-up mismanagement certainly hasn't done the coaching staff any favors as far as trying to stop the ship from sinking.

so it would be silly to consider the impact of trade deadline moves without considering the impact on the team, as seen via their on-ice performance.

hopefully Merrill can be enough of an upgrade on Kulak to make a difference, and Gustrafsson can pull a streit and suit up at fwd (bc if he is put in the lineup instead of romanov, that will be an epic fail)... but hard to see either of those "additions" being that much of a positive bump (and that's assuming that they aren't as much of a net negative as Staal has been).

Good points for sure.
Cap is an issue for sure.
Staal has not been impressive, agreed.
Hopefully come POs there is more flexibilty in roster moves

Last edited:

WG

Sep 9, 2008

F off with this garbage. Name me one 'character' issue re. Subban. Wearing his own hat doesn't count. Neither does triple low five.

Bergevin mouthed off about character then proceeded to trade for gay-slur Shawzie and Drouin, a guy who didn't like his usage in TB and quit on his team. So I don't want to hear one thing about Bergevin and character or attitude or whatever.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Good points for sure.
Cap is an issue for sure.
Staal has not been impressive, agreed.
Hopefully come POs there is more flexibilty in roster moves

Hope... an ingredient that in the past 10 years has been in steady deficit, and yet, the ingredient fans of this mess need more than ever.

C'est la vie!

Reactions: aresknights

Jul 6, 2016
Staal should had been given to Carolina where he was dreaming to finish his career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad