How Do You Feel About The Avs Deadline?

How Do You Feel About The Avs Deadline?

• Total voters

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Very satisfied. I love all the moves.

Like everybody else a goalie would have been nice but I think the Avs sees it like I said earlier. This team is a lot better defensively than before so George should be enough.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
This team is going to be scary-good, even without Landeskog coming back

jaisen73

Oct 5, 2006
The fact is the teams that finish 2-3 in the Central are going to have a brutal first round. The current system guarantees a very good team exits early. At the same time, I'm glad they have been giving Georgie some rest, even as they chase the top spot. He was below average last post-season (after an otherwise strong season) in part (IMO) because he played too many games.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

jaisen73

Oct 5, 2006
Not Avs related but somewhere right now a Wienerschnitzel franchise manager is eagerly awaiting the arrival of Phil Kessel, telling employees, "Trust me. It's gonna be a busy day."

• Haha
Reactions: forsbergavs32

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Im glad we have a 2C and forward depth now which were huge problems last year. So happy about that. Getting rid of Ryjo is also addition by subtraction.

But also concerned:
- Without a goalie I’m not sure they can get it done.
- Also not sure if Girard can survive 4 rounds, in which case we’ve just got JJ and Jones on the left.
-Vegas adding Hanifin and Hertl is also a big coup for them, plus a bunch of other teams loaded up

I think we have a better chance of winning than we did 3 days ago so from that point of view, CMac did his job.

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Im glad we have a 2C and forward depth now which were huge problems last year. So happy about that. Getting rid of Ryjo is also addition by subtraction.

But also concerned:
- Without a goalie I’m not sure they can get it done.
- Also not sure if Girard can survive 4 rounds, in which case we’ve just got JJ and Jones on the left.
-Vegas adding Hanifin and Hertl is also a big coup for them, plus a bunch of other teams loaded up

I think we have a better chance of winning than we did 3 days ago so from that point of view, CMac did his job.
Other teams don’t have a MacK or Makar though.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Posting this here instead...

I'm happy with the deadline as a whole...but from the outside, I don't like it when our GM tries to do something, fails, and then do nothing. As if there's no plan B.

It seems that it happened to CMac last year (paid for retention on Eller even if we didn't need it in the end) and this year again (was reportedly active for a goalie, didn't get one, and now we got nothing and aren't using all our cap space).
We will barely have any cap space left if Kovalenko hits all of his bonuses.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Has the potential to be even better than the TDL that put them over the top. If they can reach even close to the ceiling of that team then the goaltending shouldn't be as much of an issue as everyone thinks it'll be.

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
I feel very excited, Im pumped to see the game tonight with all the new guys AND Nuke. Maybe the most excited to see us play since opening night.

I’m glad we didn’t make a deal for a goalie just to make one. I’m sure we tried right up until the end, but Annunen has looked the best he’s looked lately so it’s not the worst thing.

We have a nasty determined team now and our PK might barely use our top 6 guys, and that’s good.

Reactions: AllAboutAvs

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Would have liked a goalie and a proven 4C but maybe Annunen is for real and one of Kovalenko or Trenin can take the 4C spot and be good at it. Overall very good deadline

AvBuff

May 1, 2019
Hard not to feel great about this years TDL deals.

As I've said before, MacSakic are pretty smart guys, and if they didn't bring in a BUG, it's only because the price was too steep for the marginal return - if any - over Annunen and Prosvetov. They know their room better than we do, they round-tabled the goalie offers that came in with the coaches and staff and said no.

At this point, they've earned my trust. Now let's take this new roster out for a spin.

Reactions: Avs91

Mooserton

Oct 4, 2013
Colorado
LD would have been nice but great deadline overall. Goalies are voodoo and I don't trust them but some insurance would have been nice.

Excited to see the new look Avs play tonight and I was straight bitter with the offseason moves going into opening night.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Satisfied. Still think we needed a goalie and a bottom LD. I don't trust JJ (he's been slipping a bit this season and he's old) and 1 injury and we have Malinski or Jones in the lineup.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
I am in between Satisfied and very satisfied.....

Still wanted a goalie and maybe depth D....

But overall we are much betteer team and heavier. Our bottom 6 will be a pain i the ass for every team we face....

And we shipped SloJo out.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad