How Do You Feel About The Avs Deadline?

How Do You Feel About The Avs Deadline?

• Total voters

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Now that the deadline has passed, and knowing the other options available, how satisfied were you with the moves made?

Results of the first poll in the link below:

Reactions: shadow1

AVSfan2daMAX

Nov 24, 2006
Much better after this week. AVS rightfully have legitimate Stanley Cup aspirations. Although, they partly hang on unreliable goaltending.

Reactions: The Moops

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Getting another goalie would have really solidified things for me but admittedly I realize that would've been super-tricky to pull off.

So all in all I'm really happy about the pickups. A very skilled RHD who can play in all situations, a legit 2nd line center in his prime, and some real beef in the bottom six. As a fan I don't think I can ask for much more.

Sure hope the goaltending is at least good enough, but they certainly loaded up in other areas of need.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco

Georgiev looking beside him in the locker room

1709933493687.jpeg

HockeyFan100

Oct 7, 2012
Very satisfied, wish they could've gotten Nedeljkovic but other than that nearly a flawless deadline. I'm a CMac believer now.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
So much better than I felt Tuesday.

We just need Fourgiev to play better and we know he is capable of being better.
Someone is going to ruin our vibes by making a post about expected saves on dangerous shots and some other analytical BS, but the fact that our roster is improved should help the goalie as well. If we can actually start rolling out 4 lines, that's going to help his numbers and that 4 line domination was the key to our success in 2022. It's still not the same team, but sure as hell looks better than last year and two weeks ago.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Posting this here instead...

I'm happy with the deadline as a whole...but from the outside, I don't like it when our GM tries to do something, fails, and then do nothing. As if there's no plan B.

It seems that it happened to CMac last year (paid for retention on Eller even if we didn't need it in the end) and this year again (was reportedly active for a goalie, didn't get one, and now we got nothing and aren't using all our cap space).

TatteredTornNFrayed

very angry indeed
Jan 15, 2008
Turned out quite a bit better than I expected,

Still am very surprised they made no moves at G. That's been a huge sore spot majority of the season.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Great deadline.

I feel like this is the deepest forward group they’ve iced in a long time. Not only that, but it’s the biggest pain in the ass for opposing teams to deal with.

Out of the last say ten years, only the Kadri era had this kind of depth and even then the 3rd line was soft as butter and non-existent in the cup run.

It seems like this group has good talent and a lot of players that fit perfectly in their roles. Not a lot of guys are playing above where they should be in the lineup.

The big things is health at this point, and if Georgiev can provide average level goaltending in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad