Pre-Game Talk: How do you feel about our chances?

Status
Not open for further replies.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
If Pronger and Roli could carry a bunch of dudes to a SCF, I'm sure McDavid and Drai can. Assuming Kosk holds his own. I expect to make it the division finals, and hope to make the WCF. Be a good experience for these guys

Reactions: Mav3rick07

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
If Pronger and Roli could carry a bunch of dudes to a SCF, I'm sure McDavid and Drai can. Assuming Kosk holds his own. I expect to make it the division finals, and hope to make the WCF. Be a good experience for these guys
Kane and Crawford can as well if we are.going by your logic.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Kane and Crawford can as well if we are.going by your logic.

Kane sure. But Crawford? No (assuming he even plays), I think you're overrating him. If Keith somehow turns into his Conn Smythe version, then we could be in trouble. I don't expect Edmonton to have too much difficulty with Chicago, that team was dead to rights before this play-in abomination was concocted

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
As a fan, I'm cocky on this one. I'm not a homer on this too, because if we were against the Jets for instance, I wouldn't feel this way.

Chicago just doesn't have it. They shouldn't even be in this tournament. I don't care that it isn't "fair", but they simply are not ready to make a run for the cup. Their defense and depth aren't developed enough.

We aren't perfect in this regard either, but we are at least close. If we won the cup, it wouldn't seem that strange.

It's not a 70% chance of winning against Chicago. It's more like 90%. This isn't like Columbus beating Tampa. Columbus was a well formed team built to win more than lose. They had the material to win with. Chicago does not.

Now, I don't want our team to have this attitude, but I trust Tippett has our players where they need to be. Also, Drai and McDavid have no laziness in their DNA. They won't take any opponent for granted. The rest of the team follows them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad