How do you feel about facing the Habs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
Honestly it's all bonus at this point. We'd match up pretty well with everyone except for Rangers, they're simply far too good and fast.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Preferred match up but, in all honesty, I don't see us surviving the first round unless things go exceedingly well

Getting to the playoffs was our mini Stanely Cup as far as I'm concerned

If there's one team we definitely have a solid chance at beating it's Montreal: we own them, they aren't built for the playoffs and outside of Price and Pacioretty they aren't all that threatening. The real question is how much do the Senators have in the tank still? If Ryan doesn't get out of his prolonged funk we don't stand a chance against anyone I'm afraid.

Actually I would say that they are a playoff team...great defensive team. Least amount of goals allowed. Im scared that Ottawa has spent so much of their focus on making it to the playoffs that there will be a letdown...any team with price on it, I wouldnt take lightly,...

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I'm worried about all the teams. We spent too much energy and emotion on this run just to make it this far. Chances are the guys just don't have anything left in the tank to beat anyone.

That's why I wanted the Rangers as our first round opponent. If we lose tot he Rangers, it's expected. If we lose to the Habs, it will be a huge letdown and will shatter our dominance over the smurfs.

Golden

Haven't we suffered enough?
May 3, 2007
It's laughable to say the Sens will beat any team in the post-season "easily". That's just asking to get your ass whooped. I hope the Sens aren't taking the Habs as lightly as some of the fans in this thread.

I think the Habs will be better prepared than they were the last time we met them in the playoffs. No series is a gimme, sorry. A Sens/Habs could go many different ways. That being said of all the match-ups it's probably our best best compared to Tampa Bay or the NYR. I'm just happy that we can even have this discussion.

member 248215

There we have it. Sens-Habs playoff series. Again. Buckle up..!

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
We can win. They're nothing without Price. Pacioretty's not 100% who's there best forward.

We got this.

agent2421

Feb 3, 2008
Ottawa
We just need to remain humble. Nothing will come easy for us and we need to continue to play hard. Montreal won't be easy at all but I believe the Sens can do it!

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
I'm worried about all the teams. We spent too much energy and emotion on this run just to make it this far. Chances are the guys just don't have anything left in the tank to beat anyone.

That's why I wanted the Rangers as our first round opponent. If we lose tot he Rangers, it's expected. If we lose to the Habs, it will be a huge letdown and will shatter our dominance over the smurfs.

The whole team is basically injury free, somehow. They are young and just getting warmed up. I'd rather be the sens right now than basically any other team in the league.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
I don't think we should be too cocky about Montreal. I think they are going to want to avenge the humuliation they suffered to us a couple of years? :sarcasm:

Anyway we're still gonna give them another asskicking but just thought I'd throw that one in there ya know?

:D

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
So, montreal it is... bring 'em on. Not necessarily the nice option, but definitely the most fun for everyone. Bring 'em on!

Edit: how awesome would it be if we became to them what the leafs were to us 15 years ago?!?!?

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
I feel better than if we matched with Tampa or New York. Said the same thing a month ago.

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
Lots on the main board are favoring us. I think it's gonna be a lot closer in reality. I see this going either way.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
It's official! The Sens vs Habs Pt. 2!!!

I don't use this word a lot but this should be an EPIC series! The Ottawa/Gatineau area is going to be awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad