How do we get Pacioretty out of Montreal?

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I know their fans would not like Williams, but I think/hope he holds more weight in GM circles.

I absolutly agree he holds more value in gm circles then on here.Most of our players do. I think because we play the last game of the night alot of people in the east don't see all the kings players actually play So they rely on stats. I would rather have williams then patches only cause i know what williams can do in our system. I honestly think patches would fit in this system but i wouldnt give up a for sure to try it.

rajuabju

The One & Only
Dec 30, 2006
Los Angeles
if we're talking about Pacioretty, Stoll has to be moved for cap reasons.

Also, I think they want a BIG body D (ie, Forbort).

1st
Stoll
Forbort
Pearson or Vey or King

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
GD you guys are overvaluing Patches. I think he is a good player, but he is not a 3 asset player. That is reserved for high end/star players. Patches is a level below. So 2 of good young player, real good prospect, 1st.

He will not get Richards return.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
if we're talking about Pacioretty, Stoll has to be moved for cap reasons.

Also, I think they want a BIG body D (ie, Forbort).

1st
Stoll
Forbort
Pearson or Vey or King

i offered pearson stoll clifford and a 1st and got a no but if u replace pearson with toffoli that they would do it. I also tryed the muzzin toffoli got a no There was a offer of voynov and someone i cant think of at the moment but they said they have no need for slava So if no need for slava no need for forbert to me :) To me montreal would want toffoli + in any offer

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
GD you guys are overvaluing Patches. I think he is a good player, but he is not a 3 asset player. That is reserved for high end/star players. Patches is a level below. So 2 of good young player, real good prospect, 1st.

He will not get Richards return.

You need to send some cap space thats why i said stoll. I dont think we have room for a 4.5 million contract right now/

KingKopitar11*

You're not even close. In fact, I DARE you to post such a joke of an offer on the trades board.

If you're going to start with JW, add Pearson and a 1st.

Yeah that was a terrible offer.

You offer Jw, forbort and a second.

He's not some Jeff Carter. He's not worth that much.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
He's absolutely worth a good young roster player, top prospect and first or a hockey trade where they fill a bigger need. The problem is, he's their biggest need and has a great contract so they won't trade him unless someone overpays.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Don't hate me for bringing it up but we could have had him back in '07. Ahhhhhh the could of, would of but we chose the great Thomas Hickey! :cry:

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
Habs fan here. Habs need big bodies. Pacioretty is one of them. They are not going to trade him unless the get good players in return who are also big bodies. They are also going to be looking for young players so you can exclude Williams...

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Habs fan here. Habs need big bodies. Pacioretty is one of them. They are not going to trade him unless the get good players in return who are also big bodies. They are also going to be looking for young players so you can exclude Williams...

Williams was never going to be part of a deal. He's worth a lot more to us than to you guys so, it would be stupid for us to trade him.

Forbort, Clifford and 1st. We'll even throw in Schultz, since you like big bodies.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Habs wont get rid of any of their players because after taking a short survey they actually believe that they are going to become a legitimate contender after this season. They honestly believe that they are one more scoring forward with size away from being able to be counted among the best in the game.

No need for anyone to ask the Habs about anything, they are on the verge of being a powerhouse again.

Or at least that is what I have been told by several of their faithful which I found to be very surprising.

;)

No offence intended by the way.

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
None taken.

It isn't that far from the truth. The Habs have already a very decent team and with another big top 6 forward and a solid #3 D, they could become contenders in the East. The problem is getting those assets without giving up anyone from the core.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
None taken.

It isn't that far from the truth. The Habs have already a very decent team and with another big top 6 forward and a solid #3 D, they could become contenders in the East. The problem is getting those assets without giving up anyone from the core.

Thanks for the insight and I was half kidding. I was just shocked at how many of the Hab faithful think you are already there or maybe if you added 1 player you would be. I don't see it. I can see the Habs being one of the top6 teams in the East but that still wouldn't make them a legitimate contender imo.

I think if you added two D with size to your 4-5-6 and swapped a couple of your smaller average skilled players(which have several of) for a couple with size that you could compete with everyone but Boston and to a lesser extent the Penguins (who I see as a sort of paper lion) but not with the West.

I like Price a bunch but am not a firm believer in any one goalie (including JQ) being able to get you in place to compete for the cup and also be ready to go when you get there. Budaj is an adequate at best back up so while CP can get you there you have to hope that he is healthy and ready once it all happens. No crisis or anything and with CP you are in good shape in net, all I am saying is he has to be at his best to get you there and he can if everything goes right.

But if you can either add another high end forward with size and two more 4-5-6 Dmen with size and ability I agree you could be right there with all but the best team in the East and maybe even them two depending on who you add.

Is it possible one of your talented kids can step in next season and do the job? I can't see why not but that will still leave you with a rapidly agin Markov and two other holes to fill. It can be done but it won't be easy.

Last edited:

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Well Montreal doesn't have what it takes in the center postion win the cup imo Eller and Alex Galchenyuk are good young centers They are not stanley cup wining centers there at least 3 years from being serious contenders

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
And he would come fairley cheap, I think a 2nd rounder would be enough to get him

I think if Minn is 10th overall come deadline, we may be able to pry him...we will have to overpay since we'll need Minn to retain salary. If for an overpayment at the deadline, like for our 1st, is it still worth it?

I have a feeling if the cap goes up enough, if at all available, DL will go for a big fish and settle if need be for a Setoguchi.

bral

Go Kings!
Nov 30, 2004
Corona,CA
Wonder if Stoll+Toffoli+Tor 2nd would get it done. For cap Stoll has to go the other way which could be a problem. Darren Dreger mention Pacioretty again on NHL tonight saying they're not shopping him but it's "Not a hard no on Pacioretty"

HockeyCA

Dec 15, 2009
There are not many players in this league that I would give Voynov up for. I watched Voynov in Manchester, I've seen him in Los Angeles. In my mind, easily one of the best young defenseman in the league. He's going to be a top 1-3 defenseman for a long long time. The Kings would never move him in a package for Pacioretty.

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
Thanks for the insight and I was half kidding. I was just shocked at how many of the Hab faithful think you are already there or maybe if you added 1 player you would be. I don't see it. I can see the Habs being one of the top6 teams in the East but that still wouldn't make them a legitimate contender imo.

I think if you added two D with size to your 4-5-6 and swapped a couple of your smaller average skilled players(which have several of) for a couple with size that you could compete with everyone but Boston and to a lesser extent the Penguins (who I see as a sort of paper lion) but not with the West.

I like Price a bunch but am not a firm believer in any one goalie (including JQ) being able to get you in place to compete for the cup and also be ready to go when you get there. Budaj is an adequate at best back up so while CP can get you there you have to hope that he is healthy and ready once it all happens. No crisis or anything and with CP you are in good shape in net, all I am saying is he has to be at his best to get you there and he can if everything goes right.

But if you can either add another high end forward with size and two more 4-5-6 Dmen with size and ability I agree you could be right there with all but the best team in the East and maybe even them two depending on who you add.

Is it possible one of your talented kids can step in next season and do the job? I can't see why not but that will still leave you with a rapidly agin Markov and two other holes to fill. It can be done but it won't be easy.

Quick bullet points because I have to go sleep...

- Habs are 4th currently in the East (and finished 2nd in the shortened season), with an extra high end forward and a 3D, they certainly could contend in the East.

- Habs have faired well against the West so far this year (6-6-1). Nothing spectacular but with the extra help it would make things more interesting...

- Most teams depend on their number one goalie being healthy in the playoffs.

- I have faith Galchenyuk is the kid that will step it up big time next year. We need another kid to surprise us though...

- No worries concerning Markov. He's only 34 and the way he plays, he's easily good for another 4-5 years.

- I'm just not sure our coach Therrien can lead us to the promised land. :laugh:

That's all for now, good night Kings fans.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Quick bullet points because I have to go sleep...

- Habs are 4th currently in the East (and finished 2nd in the shortened season), with an extra high end forward and a 3D, they certainly could contend in the East.

- Habs have faired well against the West so far this year (6-6-1). Nothing spectacular but with the extra help it would make things more interesting...

- Most teams depend on their number one goalie being healthy in the playoffs.

- I have faith Galchenyuk is the kid that will step it up big time next year. We need another kid to surprise us though...

- No worries concerning Markov. He's only 34 and the way he plays, he's easily good for another 4-5 years.

- I'm just not sure our coach Therrien can lead us to the promised land. :laugh:

That's all for now, good night Kings fans.

Fair enough and thanks for the insight again.

I hope you are right because I would love a chance at avenging the 93 series!

Go get em Les Habitants!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad