How do we get Pacioretty out of Montreal?

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
We don't. There isn't really any conceivable way of doing it without giving up assets that we can't afford to lose.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
i put a offer of Pearson Clifford Stoll and a first. One montreal fan said change Pearson to Toffoli and they would do it.I said no to tradeing toffoli. I think Toffoli would be who montreal would want in any trade for patches and i dont think we can make that trade either.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Do we really need a LW? I'm perfectly fine with the King experiment.

If we are going to go outside our organization this i think would be a great fit. Hes signed to a great contract. From all i can see and heard i think he would be a good fit. Yes king is doing ok so far playing on the first and 2nd lines I think he would be a better 3 rd lw. Patches is the star lw we have always been wanting. If hes available and its not costing anyone in top 6 and toffoli we should consider it.

bral

Go Kings!
Nov 30, 2004
Corona,CA
I'd offer Toffoli+Muzzin. Max is 25 and signed for 6yrs at 4.5mil and plays our style of hockey. Poaching quality players that are signed to below market value is the way to continued success.

Telos

Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I'd offer Toffoli+Muzzin. Max is 25 and signed for 6yrs at 4.5mil and plays our style of hockey. Poaching quality players that are signed to below market value is the way to continued success.

That's a tall price to pay, especially when we have some strong left wings developing within the system.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Honestly I dont know even a quarter of the guys on the Canadiens.

Subban
Pacioretty
Price
Markov
Gionta
Briere
Murray
Prust

That all I got.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Honestly I dont know even a quarter of the guys on the Canadiens.

Subban
Pacioretty
Price
Markov
Gionta
Briere
Murray
Prust

That all I got.

Here's their lineup:
oompa-loompa-assau_2439825b.jpg

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
Id definitely be willnig to move Toffoli + for Patches. The dude is an incredible player

Telos

Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I'll laugh when we end up with Martin Erat at the deadline. :laugh:

A bunch of talented left wings available with Patches and Kane, but I just can't imagine Dean pulling the trigger on any of them.

DaAnimal

May 8, 2009
Pasadena
Love the habs. They are my favorite team in the east and I got into hockey because of the habs. Would be a shame to the organization if we lose patches. Yes, he's in a slump but he's got a good contract. We (kings) will have to give up a lot in order to get patches.

bral

Go Kings!
Nov 30, 2004
Corona,CA
I'll laugh when we end up with Martin Erat at the deadline. :laugh:

A bunch of talented left wings available with Patches and Kane, but I just can't imagine Dean pulling the trigger on any of them.

We know it's all about fit with Lombardi, and honestly I can't think of a better fit for us on LW. I can think of better players but not a player with the package Pacioretty brings. Like I said i'd offer Toffoli+Muzzin but I think Montreal would want Toffoli+Clifford and that'd be hard for me to part with but I think it brings us closer to another cup.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
Here's their lineup:
oompa-loompa-assau_2439825b.jpg

which is why they want size. what would work, but it will never happen from Dean. not to mention it would be very hard to stomach.

cue the elephant in the room

Brownie for Pac

DB gives them a top 6 forward with size and a boatload of intangibles. is he elite top 6 scoring forward? not in the traditional mold, but he is the big bodied winger with good hands they lack and need. it's rumored they aren't bringing Gionta back. DB brings leadership and a team captain into the room. DB brings a recent Cup winner into the room. not saying he is given the C, but similar to Richards in LA he would at minimum be team leader without a captaincy.

DB also has a similar team friendly contract, which would also be a win for MTL

it wouldn't be a 1 to 1 trade. i think MTL would want LA to add though.

would you do something like DB + AMart or a top prospect? DB + Clifford? (take the current defensive situation out of the mix) just look at value and what Max alongside Kopitar would mean.

personally i don't do it, but DB for Max just screams off the page.

KingKopitar11*

Or. You can offer Williams + Muzzin+3rd

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I say we trade Toffoli for Penner.

7 Goals 11 Assists +16 Rating in 20 games...

Why couldnt we have gotten this Dustin Penner. :(

DaAnimal

May 8, 2009
Pasadena
I say we trade Toffoli for Penner.

7 Goals 11 Assists +16 Rating in 20 games...

Why couldnt we have gotten this Dustin Penner. :(

Doesn't surprise me at all.

If we put Kopitar on any other team aside from the Kings, Bruins, and Florida, he'll easily put up 90+ pts.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
Trade Kopitar to give them a legit #1 center...doubt he can be had for prospects. If he were actually availabe, Toffoli+ would be a starting point or Voynov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad