How do we get Pacioretty out of Montreal?

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
If we are going to go outside our organization this i think would be a great fit. Hes signed to a great contract. From all i can see and heard i think he would be a good fit. Yes king is doing ok so far playing on the first and 2nd lines I think he would be a better 3 rd lw. Patches is the star lw we have always been wanting. If hes available and its not costing anyone in top 6 and toffoli we should consider it.

It will most likely include Toffoli or Voynov for starters. Are you still in?

I'd offer Toffoli+Muzzin. Max is 25 and signed for 6yrs at 4.5mil and plays our style of hockey. Poaching quality players that are signed to below market value is the way to continued success.

I would still prefer to keep what we have, but if we were to make the deal, I too think it will be something around Toffoli. Maybe Toffoli+Clifford+Stoll (salary) gets it done.

KingKopitar11*

If you're giving Toffoli up for him then you automatically don't do the trade. The only way this trade happens is if Williams is going the other way for LA. You don't give up your young top 6 talent when you have an aging right winger on the first line.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
If you're giving Toffoli up for him then you automatically don't do the trade. The only way this trade happens is if Williams is going the other way for LA. You don't give up your young top 6 talent when you have an aging right winger on the first line.

Ask yourself this: so, if we don't need an aging RW, why would MTL want him in a trade for their best forward?

KingKopitar11*

Ask yourself this: so, if we don't need an aging RW, why would MTL want him in a trade for their best forward?

Exactly. Which is why the trade would never happen. We don't have any spare parts realistically. And we can't handle his cap without a player like Williams going.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Here's their lineup:
oompa-loompa-assau_2439825b.jpg

Holy crap!

SPIT TAKE!

I am still chuckling at that one. That was absolutely hilarious!
:handclap:

Winner

VanPatten

Oct 27, 2013
I'll laugh when we end up with Martin Erat at the deadline. :laugh:

A bunch of talented left wings available with Patches and Kane, but I just can't imagine Dean pulling the trigger on any of them.

I don't want us getting any of them. Kane is the only one of the three whose game I like (despite his killing me in my pool with his lack of production), but his off ice attitude could cause problems with a seemingly tight locker room.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
No way we can afford Patches. I'd rather keep Voynov and Toffoli. Maybe someone like Erat or Seto who will come cheap.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
It will most likely include Toffoli or Voynov for starters. Are you still in?

I would still prefer to keep what we have, but if we were to make the deal, I too think it will be something around Toffoli. Maybe Toffoli+Clifford+Stoll (salary) gets it done.

Did you read the last line of my post I stated if it doesnt enclued anyone in our top 6 or toffoli i say we should be interested ? so to answer your question no Toffoli to be traded for him If you look in the main board (post 71 ) i clearly say no to toffoli and (post 200) i clearly say no to slava I also posted that toffoli clifford offer (not includeing stoll) and it didnt get any response post 232

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Williams and a 2nd should be more than enough. Williams in grossly under rated...by myself included however I have come around.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Sorry, but Williams + isn't going to get it done. I understand that from your fantasy perspective, we trade JW and slide TT up to our 1RW, and everything is great! However, both teams need to benefit from this trade, not just the kings.

Besides, JW only has 1 yr left on his contract. He mind as well be a rental from MTL's perspective.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Sorry, but Williams + isn't going to get it done. I understand that from your fantasy perspective, we trade JW and slide TT up to our 1RW, and everything is great! However, both teams need to benefit from this trade, not just the kings.

Besides, JW only has 1 yr left on his contract. He mind as well be a rental from MTL's perspective.

So you feel Williams has nothing to offer the habs?
To me Williams and Pacioretty offer similar things. with Max being younger and being locked in for a longer period.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Don't forget you have to get the salaries to work out. The kings are up against the cap, so Toffoli and Muzzin is not going to work.

HockeyCA

Dec 15, 2009
So you feel Williams has nothing to offer the habs?
To me Williams and Pacioretty offer similar things. with Max being younger and being locked in for a longer period.

Which is exactly why Montreal would not do the deal... Williams has, what, 2, 3 more decent seasons left in him? It would take young roster player, top prospect, high draft pick. In other words, for the Kings, its not happening.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Which is exactly why Montreal would not do the deal... Williams has, what, 2, 3 more decent seasons left in him? It would take young roster player, top prospect, high draft pick. In other words, for the Kings, its not happening.

To be honest I am not sure why his name keeps popping up or why montreal would deal him. If they are concerned over the length of his contract (expires 2019) than maybe this would make sense as it would keep them competitive and give them the short length.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Montreal fans are not interested in slava or muzzin Acorrding to them they dont need slava. There was interest in toffolli plus on the main board. I honestly dont see williams as a piece they would be interesting in but your more then welcome to try it. :)

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Montreal fans are not interested in slava or muzzin Acorrding to them they dont need slava. There was interest in toffolli plus on the main board. I honestly dont see williams as a piece they would be interesting in but your more then welcome to try it. :)

I know their fans would not like Williams, but I think/hope he holds more weight in GM circles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad