How do we get Pacioretty out of Montreal?

KingKopitar11*

He's 32 and has 6 assists this season. Plus he's not entirely cheap. If we could get him for cheap in a trade sure, but I'd pass at the moment.

He's on the good side of 32 though lol.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
I could see taking a shot at someone like Erat to add depth at LW if he were cheap enough. Erat has a 4.5M cap hit so even if the King got him for cheap there would need to be some cap moved to fit him. Based on the cap hit, don't think it will work for the Kings.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
I'm seeing that Erat is a RW that shoots L. Can someone clarify as to whether Erat can play LW?

Watching the Caps/MTL game.. announcer just talked about Erat preferring RW, but Oats has an obsession with lefties playing on the left and righties on the right. So switching to the left side may have something to do with the drop in play at the Caps?

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
Erat has always played the off wing. He wasn't a cancer with the Preds, he's just fallen out of favor in Washington and wants to play. He has good wheels and is real good defensively.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Watching the Caps/MTL game.. announcer just talked about Erat preferring RW, but Oats has an obsession with lefties playing on the left and righties on the right. So switching to the left side may have something to do with the drop in play at the Caps?

Reminds me of what the Kings did with Frolov for a while before coming to the realization he was better on his off wing. Most European wingers prefer their offside.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA

Agreed.

So, Erat preferring to play RW, but is currently struggling to play LW should pretty much end our interest in Erat I would hope.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad