How do Professional Referees still keep falling plays like this (Pietrangelo embellishment)...and why cant all penalties be challenged?

Brownies

A stick near the face shouldn’t have to make contact to be penalized anyway, so I don’t care. As for the people asking for more reviews and trying to avoid bad calls at all cost, it’s just an hockey game… Let the guys play and the refs try their best to keep things civilized (not that I truely believe my little rant will change anything).

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
I don't see the problem with challenging penalties if challenges are penalized with an additional two minute minor if the call stays.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
I don't see the problem with challenging penalties if challenges are penalized with an additional two minute minor if the call stays.
The problem is that we all know that the League and refs have it in for {insert team I support here} while at the same time they always show their bias towards {insert team I hate here}.

It's common knowledge that the League wants to see {insert team I support here} fail year after year so the refs have their marching orders to "manage" the game by not calling all the penalties committed by {team we played last night} while giving {insert team I support here} two minutes for every borderline play they can.

I have no doubt that, if these challenges were available, {insert team I support here} would NEVER win a challenge and the refs would be delighted to have another opportunity to further screw over {insert team I support here}. That's the last thing {insert team I support here} needs.

m.

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
All the sports leagues are indeed relaxed about it, which is why none of them allow reviews for every single call .... not the very small number of fans seeking perfection.
I take it you don't watch any NFL Football ?

A wrong call is a wrong call, makes zero sense complaining about wanting to get the calls right. Why make any calls at all ? Lmao let the players do whatever they want, just as long as the game finishes quickly!

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
The problem is that we all know that the League and refs have it in for {insert team I support here} while at the same time they always show their bias towards {insert team I hate here}.

It's common knowledge that the League wants to see {insert team I support here} fail year after year so the refs have their marching orders to "manage" the game by not calling all the penalties committed by {team we played last night} while giving {insert team I support here} two minutes for every borderline play they can.

I have no doubt that, if these challenges were available, {insert team I support here} would NEVER win a challenge and the refs would be delighted to have another opportunity to further screw over {insert team I support here}. That's the last thing {insert team I support here} needs.

m.
I thought that was only true for the NHL draft?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I take it you don't watch any NFL Football ?

A wrong call is a wrong call, makes zero sense complaining about wanting to get the calls right. Why make any calls at all ? Lmao let the players do whatever they want, just as long as the game finishes quickly!
NFL doesn’t review all calls or penalties.

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Hockeytown USA
I take it you don't watch any NFL Football?

I watch the NFL all the time and note that the NFL does not review every call or missed call and coaches are limited to two challenges per game (three if they win their previous two challenges). The NFL limits reviews specifically because it doesn't want the games to last forever.

And here is an interesting take on the NBA:

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
NFL doesn’t review all calls or penalties.
You can challenge flags aka penalties, you can also challenge for missed calls, pass interference/holding etc. You can challenge pretty much anything that was called incorrectly or missed by the officials.

I watch the NFL all the time and note that the NFL does not review every call or missed call and coaches are limited to two challenges per game (three if they win their previous two challenges). The NFL limits reviews specifically because it doesn't want the games to last forever.

And here is an interesting take on the NBA:

Dude you can literally review almost anything in an NFL game, not only can you challenge the flags, but even if the referees miss a penalty

• Haha
Reactions: Golden_Jet

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Remember, this is the same player that two-hand tomahawk slashed Draisaitl in the playoffs last year.

He's a pathetic little bitch.

Drysaddle ain't no saint...no ones shedding tears over that.

Oil wish they had Petro on the backend, might have been them winning a cup if they did.

Reactions: WhataKnight

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Get one penalty challenge, and if you fail it's a 2 man advantage for delay of game. 👀

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
The initial swing by the lower portion of the stick does look like it bounces up into his chin area and that’s not really the worst neck snap I’ve seen. Overblown. He may have actually got him in the chin.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
I have infinitely more time for a ref making a mistake in a fast paced game, than I do for the obvious game management bullshit they engage in.

That said, if we're going to review every offside or hand pass down to the pixel, then sure, why not review high sticking penalties.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
People have no idea how difficult it is to ref hockey and the reason you think refing is getting worse is because the game is getting so much faster making it even hard to make the right calls

You also have to understand the abuse minor league refs have to put up with also removes anyone even remotely interested in refing. I used to ref minor league house league and the abuse I had to put up with as a 14yr old linesman was f***ing pathetic and even tho I was nominated as the best up and coming ref I quit and never once looked back

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad