Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Other

Votes: 6 9.4%

• Total voters

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
I think it was 98 or 99. They changed the server or something in 02 so there are a bunch of us that were here before that who got new join dates. I joined because I lived in edmonton during the dark times in the 90's and was very interested in the younger players and development. I went to a lot of games with 8,000 people in the stands, we almost lost the team. The lloydminster millionaires and the young players saved this team

xoczar99ox

Oct 8, 2019
Oh I like this question!🤓

I was looking up Oiler rumours in the off-season one year after our Stanley cup run in ’06 and it led me here. Funny part is I started reading pretty much daily from then on and wanted to join in on the conversation so bad but it wouldn’t let me post cause I wasn’t a member, it took me almost a year and a half to finally realize that all I had to do was create an account and join the chaos. I thought you had to get invited by some elite hockey god to be a member…😂😂😂

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
Stauffer mentioned it to me one day so I checked it out. I was a lurker here for like 6 or 7 years before finally taking the plunge and making an account haha

You just happen to know him or are you someone of note in the media yourself?

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
I used to post (mostly lurk) on the old official Oilers boards and saw HF mentioned a few times.

I think I'd moved over here entirely by the time they shut the boards down and moved everything to the nhl.com/oilers format.

Reactions: oilers'72

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
Always interested in prospects, I used to frequent hockeysfuture.com to view prospect info. They had an interesting rating system. I’d say around 2001 era.

The forum was small. The prospect pages were the main course, the forum was like a garnish of parsley on the plate….interesting to see how it mutated and expanded into the forums over the years.

Had an account around 2004 under a different name. Mainly a lurker, did not post much until last couple of years. Best place to be up to date on oilers news is HFoil

Last edited:
Reactions: TB12 and oilers'72

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I joined the OMB around 2007. I was there under this username for years. When the Oilers announced their plans for a “scorched earth” type rebuild, I was one of the few that crapped all over the idea, my reason being that it was just an excuse for Kevin Lowe to avoid accountability indefinitely. My reasoning was he was most responsible for the state of the franchise as anybody and it was a waste of time leaving someone so incompetent in charge of fixing it.

The folks there at the time bought everything the Oilers were selling and didn’t appreciate non conforming views. I was told if I wanted to be negative, HFBOARDS was the place for me. It wasn’t until a few years later, during the “Lowe Must Go” campaign where the OMB decided they were going to boot people for being negative about the Oilers that I finally decided to come over here. I’m not sure how long that message board lasted after that, many members by that time were in an uproar over that decision. I tried going back a couple years later and couldn’t find the message board on their site.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad