Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Other

Votes: 6 9.4%

• Total voters

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Was just doing some thinking about how I discovered this website years and years ago.. Curious to hear where the rest of our wonderful little community discovered HF.

I used to post on the Edmonton Oilers official website forum, and heard some passing mention of "HF" back in the day on some posts there. Checked this site out and haven't looked back.

Shibumi

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2002
Edmonton
Visit site
I used to hang out on the old SLAM sports forum on Canoe. When they were getting close to shutting down, one of the other members mentioned this place and I have been here ever since. Just had my twentieth anniversary here a couple of weeks back. Also got to celebrate it by picking up my first ever thread ban. :)

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Was just doing some thinking about how I discovered this website years and years ago.. Curious to hear where the rest of our wonderful little community discovered HF.

I used to post on the Edmonton Oilers official website forum, and heard some passing mention of "HF" back in the day on some posts there. Checked this site out and haven't looked back.
Me too except someone invited me here from the old omb. Can’t remember who it was. I want to say Rebirth was the handle.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
I was told about HF by a buddy who was in a Dynasty Fantasy League with me many years ago. We did the sports betting thing together for a while because he knew my OCD would send me down the wormhole. I never joined because I had/still have an issue with Social Media.

A few years ago I found myself working alone, travelling across the BC North away from my family and friends.

I decided to join HF and quite honestly, this community got me through the loneliness and then extreme isolation of Covid in 2020-2021.

As much as it’s easy to comment on the negative aspects of this Site, I’ll be forever grateful for the connection it provided me & the relationships I’ve established since I joined.

ps. As for my OCD - I’ve redirected it towards GIFs and Memes for the Site. The Gambling aspect became too addictive, so I took a self induced break.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Some guy named @Cloned kept sending dating applications in for my daughter and I tracked him down here.

liam-neeson-i-will-find-you.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad