How did you do last night?

Hobgoblin Steve

Bacon of Light
Feb 5, 2009
Bay Ridge
open hockey, still trying to learn ice...

scored once on my goalie friend, still cant skate with the puck -_-..
Im an inline guy, ice is way different

edit: still cant stop either

BadHammy*

I sucked tonight. Playing back to back games on ice doesn't help either. I need an offseason:help:

the_speedster

Jul 7, 2007
VICTORY! :)

last game of the year... won the championship game 5-3.

Went undefeated from wire to wire. Team finished 15-0 scored over 110goals... finished with the best goals against (30something)

First championship with this team in about 5 seasons!

Funny thing was it didn't feel like I thought it would. I figured we'd be hollering and jumping all over the place at the win. Instead it took so much effort and work to reach the "perfect season" we were aiming for, that everyone was just worn out in the locker room. Two weeks off then we start all over again:yo:

IniNew

Dec 8, 2008
Keller
VICTORY! :)

last game of the year... won the championship game 5-3.

Went undefeated from wire to wire. Team finished 15-0 scored over 110goals... finished with the best goals against (30something)

First championship with this team in about 5 seasons!

Funny thing was it didn't feel like I thought it would. I figured we'd be hollering and jumping all over the place at the win. Instead it took so much effort and work to reach the "perfect season" we were aiming for, that everyone was just worn out in the locker room. Two weeks off then we start all over again:yo:

Sounds like your team needs to move up a league or something. 7.333 goals, with a bit over 2 against a game seems a bit out classed.

the_speedster

Jul 7, 2007
Sounds like your team needs to move up a league or something. 7.333 goals, with a bit over 2 against a game seems a bit out classed.

We've thought about that. 3 of us already play at a higher level. For the rest its too early. I'll give the guys credit. We got tired of being the mother****ing buffallo bills and actually organized our **** (at least 2 weekly practices together), never having less than two full lines per game, "hot dogs" were asked to leave, everyone focused on playing well together and not showing off for the crowd. Its in no way the most talented team I've ever been on.. but it did play as the best "team"

We're going to have an exhibition game against one of the lower finishing teams in the upper league to see how we'd handle it. But for now I think the decision's that we'll play one more season together and see if the league'll catch up to us (in all honesty so many of the teams were really lasez faire in their attitude this season.. inconsistent show-up's and effort level, etc). The sheer ridiculousness of our season will either have the others step up and compete or whine that we get booted up so they can focus on crappy play and beer ;) They were a hell of a lot more competitive during the playoffs where we averaged about 5goals for and 2 against, so we think they have it in them.

we'll see

LTNINGFan

Up until my injury (other thread), in my first two shifts, I think our team broke the other teams' zone a whole whopping 4 times. We were down 5-0 the last time I looked (out of the good eye, lol) leaving the rink on the way to the hospital. I just hope my team made a game of it...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad