0 G 1 A
+2
Win
Physical play
Negatives-
2 Penalties
Was out there for a goal

difren

4-2 win against the 3rd place team, we're now tied for 8th.

Probably the best defensive effort by the team all season rolling only two lines. Passing could have been a little better for all of us, but the end result was there.

I ended up getting credit for two goals, the first was actually scored by their defenseman who I was pressuring near their net. After lifting his stick once he batted the puck towards the net and it went off the goalies skate and in for an own goal, linemates gave me credit so I ran with it. Hah.

Second goal was an empty netter with about .2 seconds left from what the guys on the bench said. Our right wing gloved the puck out of the air after it popped up on the face-off in our zone, he then got it to his stick and made a beautiful clearing attempt that just floated beyond the other teams defenders, I emptied the tank chasing it down and tapped it in for the easy one.

2G, +1, and I stayed out of the box. All in all a decent game but I could have played better.

Ti-girl

Jan 29, 2005
Merida, Mexico
Blah, I got held pointless, though I was +2.

They had their top centre shadowing me all game, though we got into a great "altercation" in the corner. Neither of us got a call, but we beaked the whole way up the ice and all the way back down.

Pittsburgh Proud

Dec 12, 2007
Pittsburgh
I have a really important game tonight to stay in fourth for the playoffs. If we win our last game won't even matter. Our best forward is sick and won't be up to par so I'm kinda nervous.

kingfisher

Sep 15, 2008
Grassy Fields, World
played a small game of shimmy in the corner of the local rink last night:

the one night i forgot my gloves. The game aint that intense so gloves arent necessary but i caught my finger in a gap in the boards where the zamboni comes out.

im very lucky not to have broken my finger. there are very few times when a man gets a sense of RELIEF when he sees no skin and dripping blood!!!!

DevilsFan38

Apr 21, 2004
Jersey
To balance out all these awesome games, I was a -5 last night as my team lost 13-1. We are now 0-5 on the season and have been outscored 49-4.

Playing again tonight and the goals are not to allow double digit goals against and not get shutout.

PIMking

Mar 4, 2008
Tampa, Florida
So I started my new league and team...

My team sucks, Bad!

I got put on a team that just jumped from the beginning team and the league director told me that its my job to teach these guys how to play hockey.

This team Has nothing, No backbone, No speed, no stickhandling, and they have not a single clue were they are suppose to be on the ice.

One good thing is our goalie is decent.

I started out the game at D and watching our centres lose faceoff after face off and the wingers on the faceoff watching the puck go to the other d and watching them shoot got real old. Also they let people just push them around with out doing anything.

For one This guy would keep poking or smacking our goalie after he had it covered. nothing done they didn't lift a stick push nothing. Our goalie was complaining so my 2nd shift the same guy smacked my goalie and I just simply pulled his jersey over his head and shoved him to the ice. ( no penalty called) as soon as I did that I was rushed by 3 other guys. a little pushing and shoving but nothing else. Later in the first period that guy did an awesome job nailing one of our players when he was no were near the play as soon as the puck was passed to him he had his head down and I destroyed him. ( 2 min roughing) But at least they left our players alone.

So these guys dont even know how to clear a puck they throw it right in the middle to the D of the other team. After I explained to the team during the intermission they seemed to get the hint that you dont do that. I also got the wingers to stop coming down and leaving the D wide open.

They dont know how to forecheck and dictate the play to your advantage so I jumped up in foward for three shifts to show them how forecheck hard. In that process I forced a bad pass and got a decent shot on net but the goalie stopped it.

Its going to take some time but im kinda excited to teach theys guys/girls how to play smart hockey. One thing I had to drill into the heads of the fowards that if your tired get off the ice. Or dont stay out on the ice for 3-4 mins. One of the biggest things I have to teach them is to actually skate. Alot of the people stand and watch the puck and that makes me mad. So if I can teach these people how to play a competitve style of hockey I will be happy.

I will have to bring the muscle but they just expected me to skate down shoot and score every time and I have to teach them that this is a team and that everyone has a role and that just because the team across from them has more talent doesnt mean that we cant beat them.

Alot of work ahead of me.

vivianmb

Jan 10, 2007
winnipeg
www.whocares.ca
played fourth place team who beat us soundly. we lost 8-6.
i played center and while i only lost a few draws, i really played horrible otherwise.two games left then playoffs.

Saved*

lost in a grueling 3-2 semi final game at 6:30 in the morning after a 10pm quarterfinal game the night before, during a presidents day tourney, and had to have a long 7 hour drive back home.

Then shouldn't you have played for 3rd place?

DevilsFan38

Apr 21, 2004
Jersey
To balance out all these awesome games, I was a -5 last night as my team lost 13-1. We are now 0-5 on the season and have been outscored 49-4.

Playing again tonight and the goals are not to allow double digit goals against and not get shutout.
Success! We played the top team in the league and ended up losing 9-6, we were actually very competitive and it was a close game until the last 5-10 minutes. I wonder what was going through their heads when they were tied with the league doormats.

On a personal note I was a -3, but in my defense none of the 3 goals I was on for was my fault. One I had literally just stepped on the ice, and the other two were a result of good work down low by the other team (I play RW), but I had my point man covered and didn't miss any chances to clear the zone, so I'm not sure what more I could have done.

BadHammy*

Let's see,
the good: my team won 9-3. 1 Assist, good speed, good passing, 10 of 13 on faceoffs.

the bad: hit another post, no goals. My linemate won every single one of his faceoffs and showed me up:nod:

What I really did was rush to the crease and screen the goalie, which resulted in 3 or 4 goals for us. I'm not sure if I care whether or not I ever score again if we keep winning.

kmd mode

Dec 4, 2008
LA, ca
Then shouldn't you have played for 3rd place?

No because the tournament was being played for a banner and a minimum of 4 games. Consolation games only went to teams that didnt advance to quarterfinals or semis etc...

First place wins a banner, 2nd and rest win nada.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Well, good news. I'm getting called up from Midget B to Midget A. Wish me luck and I'll update later. :P

BadHammy*

Won 10-5 (inline game today).

The good: goal, won faceoffs, made some neutral zone plays

the bad: too tired after 4 games in 4 days, a couple turnovers and a missed breakaway.

densetsu

We were shortbenched but led 2-0 going into the third. I think our guys got tired or they got a second wind, because the opposing team put on the pressure and, with five minutes left, the game was tied 3-3. Two of their goals were crazy one-timers, one was a screen shot from 40 feet out that I still should have had (my angles were off, I didn't expect him to shoot).

In the dying seconds of the third, we were on the PP but they had a 3-on-1 in our zone (WTF?) There was a scramble in front of the net and I froze the puck, but the ref didn't blow the whistle. Guy hacks at my trapper a couple of times, puck goes in, ref calls the goal as the final buzzer goes.

Most depressing loss ever.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Well, in my call-up game I played VERY good. I felt like I fit in with everyone. I got an assist, made a few good hits and was back checking well. The team won 7-3, the line I was on got 2 of the goals.

All in all, great game for the team and for me as well.

Toes

Sep 6, 2007
Playoffs start tomorrow for me. I played pretty well last game, made some good decision and pulled of some nice dekes. Hope I win, some real bad *******s in my league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad