How did you do last night?

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Game vs. 2nd Place Team
Score: 3-2 us
Points for me: 2 goals, +1

Positives: This was by far my best game all season, although not point wise. At 5'5 playing against 16,17,18 year old it is hard for me to do much. I was hitting like a beast since there was one kid who kept coming after me and throwing punches when I'd hit him. I scored to tie it with :36 left in the 3rd, and then won it with :01 seconds left.
I made lots of nice set ups.

Negatives: A few bad turnovers, didn't capatlize on some chances.

kmd mode

Dec 4, 2008
LA, ca
we were down 5-1 going into the third. we ended up winning 7-5, and i had 2 goals and 2 assists.

pretty good game overall, i think i was plus 3 no pim, solid defensively.

BadHammy*

I went to pick up and out dangled all the C players, not much of a challenge anymore...

tamtamg

Aug 29, 2008
note to self and others. do not play competitive hockey within 24hrs of donating blood. I had zero energy, i could maybe go full stride once up the ice before I was gassed.

difren

We lost 3-1.

We had a full roster this time, the lines just didn't seem to click. I ended up playing a decent game, or so I felt, being even in +/-. Didn't score. had a couple nice passes that set up some offensive opportunities but I was feeling a bit sluggish after a long day of work.

Ended up playing center in the third, won all of my face-offs. Seems I'm better at that than I thought I was, hah.

BadHammy*

Lost an inline game, I didn't score a point. I had several steals, blocked shots etc. I'm a gritty forward sometimes:naughty:

PIMking

Mar 4, 2008
Tampa, Florida
I went to the game with my dry erase hockey board to teach the new team some positioning.

I went in the locker room and explained to the guys what they were doing wrong and ON the bench I explained to the girls. they followed the plan I set up for the game and we won 4-3 and the two girls scored their first ever goals and they have been playing for 2 years.

They went back door and slammed my rebounds home. I was so proud of the guys/girls they seemed to have so much more fun out there.

UserName

Jul 4, 2003
Visit site
oh my goodness, we had one heck of a playoff game.

best of 2 and a half series, we play 2 games, if each team wins one, we play one, 20 minute period after the second game (overtime and shootout included if tied for all games), winner advances to second round.

we won in the shootout 4-3 on monday night, out goalie stopping all three shots in the shootout.

tonight, we just up to a quick 2-0 lead in the first, the other team battled back and led 3 - 2 after the second. we dominated the third but their goalie was playing on his head, eventually we score with 6 mins left to tie it at 3.

overtime solves nothing and we eventually lose in the shootout 4-3.

personal note in that game, i had a primary assist for the first goal, a deflection for the second goal and a primary assist for the third goal. finishing up with 1G and 2A in game 2.

To settle the tie, we play a 20 min, winner take all period after game 2.
we gave up the first goal within the first 2 mins but played better and better afterwards, eventually tied it 1-1 with one minute to go. after the resulting faceoff, we dumped and chased like no tomorrow and had a couple of close calls in their end. we had a offensive zone faceoff with 16 seconds left, my center drew it back to me on the boards, i fired off a quick wrist shot, scramble in front, puck pops lose, our guys shoots it, their guy saves it on the goal line with his skate (omg wtf) but we wacked away and eventually took the lead with 9 seconds left in the game.

i had one secondary assist on the typing goal for the third game. In total, i had 1 G and 3 A in the biggest game I've played in a long time.

simply epic.

BlackAces

Play Your Game
Dec 31, 2007
Been 3 games since my last update.

Game one: 4-1 Win, no points :(

Game 2: Finally put on a line that has chemistry and I had 2 assists in a 7-1 Win against the 1st place team.

Game 3: Our line had 3 goals on our first 3 shifts and went on to have 6 goals in a 9-1 win. I had 1 goal and 2 assists

If we win our last 2 games then we win the playoffs and get another banner!

Ti-girl

Jan 29, 2005
Merida, Mexico
Last game.

2nd place (us) team facing 7th place team

Won 7-2

Me: 2G, 1A, 6PIM

Goals: One right off the face off, went off the goalie's glove and in. Second was a breakaway pass from our defenseman, went in and did forehand backhand deke and went high blocker side.
Assist, cross crease pass for a tip in.

Penalties:
1 for bodychecking (girls hockey). Granted it was at centre ice and I dropepd a hipcheck onher. Okay, so I deserved it.
1 for interference and 1 for roughing. :facepalm:

vivianmb

Jan 10, 2007
winnipeg
www.whocares.ca
playoffs. "a"pool round robin. beat third place team tonight 6-5 great hockey game. i scored the winning goal!!! also had an assist and only lost three faceoffs all night. playfourth place team friday.

BadHammy*

I sucked last night because I really suck in general, at everything. Nuff said.

difren

Tied the second place team 3-3. It was a farce of a game in regards to the officiating.

We had our sixth goal of the season called back, for no other reason than the other team saying it was not in the net. The ref was in a terrible position to make a call. Blah blah.

I ended up even on the night with no points and 2PIMs for a BS hooking call. I'll take penalties and own up to them, but I get a little upset when there's a phantom call being made. Cooled the talk before I took a second penalty on the play.

The team played well but we should have won that one.

We play the first place team next week (and then the last place team the next day), I think we can beat them (both), and then the playoffs start.

Pittsburgh Proud

Dec 12, 2007
Pittsburgh
Game vs. 2nd Place Team
Score: 3-2 us
Points for me: 2 goals, +1

Positives: This was by far my best game all season, although not point wise. At 5'5 playing against 16,17,18 year old it is hard for me to do much. I was hitting like a beast since there was one kid who kept coming after me and throwing punches when I'd hit him. I scored to tie it with :36 left in the 3rd, and then won it with :01 seconds left.
I made lots of nice set ups.

Negatives: A few bad turnovers, didn't capatlize on some chances.

Very nice.

vivianmb

Jan 10, 2007
winnipeg
www.whocares.ca
friday...playoff "a" round robin... beat fourth place team 9-3 i had two assists but i couldn't buy agoal . our line had none scored against us. drank rye till 6AM....

saturday.... played in the "coaches classic" and realized that i'm getting too old to drink rye till 6am and then play hockey the next day. talk about stumblin and bumblin!!!

Escapades

Mar 7, 2009
I had two games today

first one we lost 3-1, I had our goal

Second game we won 7-5, I had two goals

SJGoalie32

Apr 7, 2007
TealTown, USA
Scored a hat trick including the game-winner in the 3rd period of a 5-4 victory that clinched a playoff spot for my team.

We were down 4-2 against the top team in the league with about a minute left to play in the 2nd, and we scored 3 goals in a span of about 2:30 to take the lead......then held on for the final 13+ minutes.

Our team is part of a 5-team "D"-level league (top 4 make the playoffs). Mostly, the league is comprised of beginners, and our team has the largest percentage of such. About half the players on our roster had never played hockey before last year, including my wife. I know I belong at a higher level, even as a forward, but other teams have got two, three, even four players that really should be at higher levels, too. Plus, I really like playing with my wife, I like being able to relax and just have some fun, and I like being able to help educate and give as much insight as I can to the newbies, and give them as much ice time and experience as possible.

The beginner players on my team have really improved over the last two seasons and they are really good group of guys and girls. They had played much better this season and really deserved to make the playoffs, so I stepped up my game as much as possible against the top team in the league (and a team that was full of body-checking d-bags). I don't like patting myself on the back for scoring goals in a league that I prob shouldn't be in, but I felt pretty good and was very happy about being able to contribute.

vivianmb

Jan 10, 2007
winnipeg
www.whocares.ca
"a" side finals last night...
we won 6-3 !!!
i scored the first goal of the game about 2 minutes in!!!
we rolled from there.
i also had an assist.
we are the champs.
funny how awesome it feels even when you're almost 40 yrs. old.

BadHammy*

3 goals in 2 games. I played okay, did some good things and some bad things.
Pros: faceoffs, passing
Cons:5-6 turnovers in 2 games

Last edited by a moderator:

nullterm

Dec 8, 2007
Port Moody, BC
Probably one of my better games. I'm not a point getter. But I got some decent shots on net in a important playoff game. Also played my checking forward role along the boards quite effectively clearing the zone, getting the puck deep, and setting up breakouts.

We lost, but still have one game for all the marbles left.

However, rather disappointed with the tone of the game. The game before was very chippy with trash talk and unnecessary roughing/checking in a non-contact league. Both teams were warned after last game by the commissioner in person, so our team made the effort to play more mature and disciplined for tonight and not retaliate. The other team didn't and was finishing checks (often into the boards) on our much smaller skaters who can't match up size wise and still trashing and hooting and hollering the whole game. And (more importantly) getting away with it.

Just disappointing to see the double standard in a "fun" league where everyone has to work the next day. The commissioner was on hand for both games and apparently it's an on going issue with the league that hasn't yet been corrected yet.

I play in another league that seems to police issues like this somewhat better in my opinion. I think it might be partly to do with the fact the refs in the that league are older, more mature, and experienced. Know when to pull the reins or just let everyone play a safe game.

Just one of those frustrating things I guess that you have to deal with. You can't exactly point your finger at the ref and say "Be more experienced!!!" Having had to act as a judge when I was much younger in a different sport, I can empathize with the situation. But also hope for a better end product.

Homerocks*

Poorly. Lost a game by a few goals, and tied a game.

It's tough skates when you're playing against lots of current and past NHL, AHL, ECHL, and NCAA players. :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad