How did you choose your Jersey number?

emgsa85

Aug 10, 2011
The last time I played in a "league" I was usually an odd "twenty" number... 25 and 27 most of the time... playing defense because I was bigger than everyone at that point in time. One game I took the 32 number because I just wanted to wear it... "no assigned numbers" scored a goal that game as a Defensemen and the next game too.

SOOOOOOOOOOO.... 32 is my first choice... I picked 86 for softball in Korea and was as clutch as ever!!! then 10, 12, 14, 19.... or any mathematical combo of any said numbers for flexablility.

CHEERS

Edgeworth*

Dad showed me some clips of Salming when I was a kid and I took to the guy, wore 21 since then. It's kind of obscure as far as Defensive numbers are concerned so I felt a little cooler then other kids.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Well I live in Vegas so 77 is as close to 777 as you're going to get as a jersey number (not mathematically, anyone who wants to say NO 99 IS CLOSEST. And yes I've heard it before)

But before that, when I lived in Cali, I wore 8 cause Selanne is my favorite player.

Also played water polo for 12 years and their player numbers typically go from 1-14 and I always wore 8.

macattack22

Sep 20, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Just a random question, I've just started with another team and I need to choose my Jersey number but my usual one has already been taken (#10)
How did you guys/gals choose yours?

my dads number growing up was number 11 - it was taken on my first team so i just doubled it and got 22. years later i learned that it was my grandfathers racecar number, so all in all my number actually has meaning behind it

aloyouis

Nov 28, 2011
Michigan
11 for me always…. don't know why.:nod:

Interesting story (to me anyway): My son was always #9 until he made a higher level team a couple of years ago. #9 was taken by the head coaches son. After much debate he chose the random number 28. He could not give any reason; it wasn't his favorite number, it wasn't his favorite player… nothing. He picked it out of the air.

Fast forward to Christmas of that season. My wife bought me the DVD of "Miracle as a present. While watching it we noticed that there was a #28 on the US team from 1980. Further, he was a right wing like my son. Strange but the really odd part? They share the same last name: Harrington.

Out of the air he picked quite a number.

650X2

Oct 20, 2011
For some reason I like the number 2 and always have.

When I joined this team they had team jerseys and all they had that was close was 22. So there you go.

JWalker26

Jun 22, 2011
Columbia, MO
I've changed numbers a few times...

my first number (#77) was for Ray Bourque and my second (#19) was for Joe Sakic. When I started playing club, someone already had 19 and so I wanted to do something a bit different and went with #0. I used that up until I moved to another city wherein the organization I was with only let players use 1-30. I settled on #26 after having used it the one season I played football. #23, #27 & #28 have all been acceptable replacements for #26.

Eamonn*

Beginning of each year the coach would bring in all the jerseys and let you pick, older kids would pick first, and then yeah.

I think I was 29, 10, 13, 22, and 12.. don't remember any other numbers. 22 was my favourite though.

Torquenstein

Nov 3, 2010

Don't know, I just like low numbers. All the other ones were taken on my team.
Also Scott Stevens :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad