How Confident Are You In Babcock?

How Confident Are You in Babcock? (Read)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Not many coaches have the balls to purposely underachieve but Babcock does! So glad we have him!

Every player is different, but I didn't see any player development during the `80. Leafs draft Al Iafrate from the Belleville Bulls and immediately slammed him and his teammates into the NHL. He winds up 'Jake Gardner' good. Another team drafted a defenseman out of Belleville, P.K. Subban. But he ends up playing two season in Belleville and another in Hamilton after being drafted. You better believe Timothy Liljegren could be playing in the NHL right now, and he could be a big failure. If you want an example of how a team looks without someone like Babcock, look at the Edmonton Oilers. Look how they handled Nail Yakupov. After drafting him, let him play 22 games for the Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk then threw him into the NHL without the tools to succeed. Look how they're handling Jesse Puljujarvi. After the playoffs, what reason does Babcock have to visit players in the off-season? Matthews was completely bummed out after the playoffs. But Babcock was there keeping these kid's confidence up. You don't see people getting shattered in the Leaf's organization.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Every player is different, but I didn't see any player development during the `80. Leafs draft Al Iafrate from the Belleville Bulls and immediately slammed him and his teammates into the NHL. He winds up 'Jake Gardner' good. Another team drafted a defenseman out of Belleville, P.K. Subban. But he ends up playing two season in Belleville and another in Hamilton after being drafted. You better believe Timothy Liljegren could be playing in the NHL right now, and he could be a big failure. If you want an example of how a team looks without someone like Babcock, look at the Edmonton Oilers. Look how they handled Nail Yakupov. After drafting him, let him play 22 games for the Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk then threw him into the NHL without the tools to succeed. Look how they're handling Jesse Puljujarvi. After the playoffs, what reason does Babcock have to visit players in the off-season? Matthews was completely bummed out after the playoffs. But Babcock was there keeping these kid's confidence up. You don't see people getting shattered in the Leaf's organization.

Standing ovation and a bow

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
They should make your post a sticky note for this forum.

People who are critics of Babcock can shut the hell up after they read this post, because it is too true.

People who criticize Babcock here are are just Harold Ballard wannabes.

The only guy in the front office who reminds me of Mr. Ballard is that punk Dubas. Mr. Ballard did not care if he knew what he was doing and he did not know what he was doing. Does Dubas knows what he is doing?

:clap::clap::clap:

Al14

Jul 13, 2007

People who are critics of Babcock can shut the hell up after they read this post, because it is too true.

The only guy in the front office who reminds me of Mr. Ballard is that punk Dubas. Mr. Ballard did not care if he knew what he was doing and he did not know what he was doing. Does Dubas knows what he is doing?

Really? Then this is either for you, or, Mr. Shanahan. :loony:

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Matthews took a shot at Babs in his post game presser. Something many of us have been saying for weeks is a big weakness for the coaching team (not just Babs but everyone on that bench).

Auston Matthews: "We could've made a lot of adjustments in game, we just kind of kept doing the same thing over & over again. So, they outworked us &, I think at times during the game, they definitely outsmarted us as well."

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Matthews took a shot at Babs in his post game presser. Something many of us have been saying for weeks is a big weakness for the coaching team (not just Babs but everyone on that bench).

Auston Matthews: "We could've made a lot of adjustments in game, we just kind of kept doing the same thing over & over again. So, they outworked us &, I think at times during the game, they definitely outsmarted us as well."

lol ...

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Except Dubas.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015

that is a really uninformed statement. yikes.

Reactions: stickty111

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013

A few games ago he said something about other teams having video and that they ( the leafs) keep on doing the same things..
It should be clear by now that he is not a fan of what the coaching staff is doing.
What's really surprising is that he's actually saying it...
This is not good, folks,no matter how you slice it.

TMLS

Oct 30, 2013
London, Ontario
A few games ago he said something about other teams having video and that they ( the leafs) keep on doing the same things..
It should be clear by now that he is not a fan of what the coaching staff is doing.
Its a good thing, he is the only one on team that has a chance to get Egocock fired.

Reactions: dsred and thunder16

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Fail post as usual for you
Remember when you said "Babcock doesn't like Marner"? How is that working out?

Genius Dubas has done a great job. Sorry you can't accept it. The only one who reminds me of Ballard are the people making fun of Dubas.
Unlike Ballard, Dubas is really smart.
Tavares signing, he knew what he was doing there. Muzzin trade, he knew what he was doing there. Solid work being done by Genius Dubas.
Stop complaining about things you are wrong on.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017

This kid just was gifted a massive contract there is no way he is publicly trashing Babcock, get real. If he was, Dubas would move him the f*** outta here, Dubas isn't that dumb.

Last edited:

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
giphy.gif

Reactions: Mad Scramble

GardinerTheForward

Mar 23, 2014
Toronto (NHL Season)
Please keep a note in your wallet with your address and home phone number.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Fail post as usual for you
Remember when you said "Babcock doesn't like Marner"? How is that working out?

Genius Dubas has done a great job. Sorry you can't accept it. The only one who reminds me of Ballard are the people making fun of Dubas.
Unlike Ballard, Dubas is really smart.
Tavares signing, he knew what he was doing there. Muzzin trade, he knew what he was doing there. Solid work being done by Genius Dubas.
Stop complaining about things you are wrong on.
Wow dude!

I am truly impressed, as I do not remember what I wrote on this forum even yesterday. If you can remember something like that about what I said way back, hats off to you.

I will not dispute it, as this is very impressive.

I still do not like Dubas, and I only hope he does not fail completely.

One guy said it best in these forums, that Dubas inherited the best situation in hockey. I would go further and state that Dubas inherited the best situation that any younger GM had in the history of the NHL.

Will he succeed? You can tell a lot people have their doubts about how he has done things so far.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Hmmm starting like even the players are getting fed up with this moron coach.

I don't know what boiled over for Matthews to say something like that. If there wasn't tension between Babs and Auston before, there definitely is now!

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
This kid just was gifted a massive contract there is no way he is publicly trashing Babcock, get real. If he was, Dubas would move him the **** outta here, Dubas isn't that dumb.

Can't you read? Sure looks like Matthews was giving it to Babcock in his post game presser to me

That's the second time I've seen you mention Dubas trading Matthews because he gave it to Babcock

You would have to be a certain type of "special" to think something that stupid would happen

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Wow dude!

I am truly impressed, as I do not remember what I wrote on this forum even yesterday. If you can remember something like that about what I said way back, hats off to you.

I will not dispute it, as this is very impressive.

I still do not like Dubas, and I only hope he does not fail completely.

One guy said it best in these forums, that Dubas inherited the best situation in hockey. I would go further and state that Dubas inherited the best situation that any younger GM had in the history of the NHL.

Will he succeed? You can tell a lot people have their doubts about how he has done things so far.
When you state something very illogical, I will probably remember it.
Dubas did inherit a good situation, and hasnt done anything anything terrible. He actually improved the situation.

What are those doubts? They aren't drastic you have to call him a "punk".
He didnt handle the backup goalies properly, and maybe made a couple small bad trades. Other then that, he has been good.
Also a portion of the people criticizing Dubas will be against anything he does, so I wouldn't trust them to have a fair opinion on Dubas.
I agree he still needs time before we can judge him, but he hasnt hurt the team.

Last edited:

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Can't you read? Sure looks like Matthews was giving it to Babcock in his post game presser to me

That's the second time I've seen you mention Dubas trading Matthews because he gave it to Babcock in his presser

You would have to be a certain type of "special" to think something that stupid would happen

I watched the interview, I think he was talking about the players and not the coach. It was a trap team, it's up to the players to battle for space out there. What magical thing can the coach do, there is a reason that system is used by weak teams, play for a tie and hope for a win.

You would have to be a certain type of "special" to think Dubas will let Matthews trash a coach publicly. Twitter would be lit up by media right now if they thought like you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad