How confident are you come playoff time

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
So curious to see how happy and confident you would be if this team stayed the same going into playoffs.
Just got me thinking after going over some of the players acquired by other teams :(

After L.A acquiring Skera to fill the hole Voynov left
Pittsburgh now added Peron and Winnik
Tulsty is gone to Jets ...

I still feel like if we don't move DD and acquire a gritty, good hockey player like a Ryan O'Rielly we will be disappointed this year. Don't get me wrong I am happy with where we are at, but that's just during the season. Come playoffs I don't know ...I still feel like we are just not big, and tough enough. We are still missing that tough player that can also put puck in the net like a Backes, Simmonds etc.

Let me know how you feel about the current Habs if they were to go into playoffs as is.

jpchabby

Drive for 25
Mar 3, 2006
So curious to see how happy and confident you would be if this team stayed the same going into playoffs.
Just got me thinking after going over some of the players acquired by other teams :(

Let me know how you feel about the current Habs if they were to go into playoffs as is.

When the playoffs start, I'm never confident.

I'm always incredibly stressed. Like really, really stressed.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Zero confidence if DD is our #1 center. Carey can't score goals.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
I am scared of DD centering our first line coming into the playoff.

That being said, our performance in the playoff is directly dependent on Price.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Coburn is still available. And they should be looking for a Wingels-type, if any are even available. If the Sharks start selling, Wingels for 2015 1st + 2016 2nd + Andrighetto + Nygren?

Pacioretty - DD - Wingels
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Gallagher
DLR - Eller - DSP
Prust - Bournival - Weise

Markov - Subban
Beaulieu - Coburn (I know Coburn is a lefty)
Gonchar - Gilbert
Tinordi

Those are all gritty, hard working RWers who play big. That lineup actually looks perfect to me. Just a very, very solid team top to bottom with some elite talent in Pacioretty, Subban, Price and Galchenyuk. Lot of young guys too. Plekanec is the only one we MIGHT have to worry about, but we have Scherbak, McCarron, etc. on the way to coincide perfectly. Galchenyuk should replace DD sooner rather than later obviously.

HabsDieHard*

A lot of that depends on what Bergevin does between now and then.

If Desharnais continues to play wtih this teams' top offensive forward? Not confident.

Pretty clear inability to make the proper decisions at the proper times if that's the case.

And something as obvious as that being done wrong would really hurt my confidence level.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
I don't think that last year was a fluke. This team can compete with any team in the East. And they may get lucky in the finals; Price gives them a chance in any game, any series. MB seems to be making highly targeted, incremental improvements every year; many of these tweaks will pay off: Smith-Pelly, Gonchar, grooming Beaulieu as they have.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
I'm never confident until the playoffs are over.

Story of me being a Habs fan for the past 15 years.

TCIH

Nov 26, 2007
Montreal
I'm confident in the team's ability to step up in big games. I'm confident in Price's gamebreaking ability.

But the streakiness of the offense as a whole (past Pacioretty) makes me worry. And though I know it's not necessarily indicative of a trend, I'm a bit weary of the fact that Price has gone down with injury in the last two post-seasons; this team can't survive without him.

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009

After L.A acquiring Skera to fill the hole Voynov left
Pittsburgh now added Peron and Winnik
Tulsty is gone to Jets ...

I still feel like if we don't move DD and acquire a gritty, good hockey player like a Ryan O'Rielly we will be disappointed this year. Don't get me wrong I am happy with where we are at, but that's just during the season. Come playoffs I don't know ...I still feel like we are just not big, and tough enough. We are still missing that tough player that can also put puck in the net like a Backes, Simmonds etc.

As much as I'd love to see that happen.
I've been saying since the start of the year: No team with DD as its #1 center will ever win Sir Stanley's mug. We will not be able to go toe toe vs the best of the west in a 7 game series.
It will never happen, Therrien's favorite stuffed animal is here awhile longer.

Pricef*

Depends on what MB manages to do between now and then, Roster still needs some tweeking IMO

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...David Desharnais is our #1C...if DSP stumbles once while in our Top 6, Weise will return...Brandon "Stonehands" Prust will remain on our 3rd line while players more suited to the role play on the 4th/pressbox...I'm stoked...:skeptic:

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
I personally believe that the Habs real window is 2-3 years away but for this year on a scale from 1 to 10 my confidence is...
Winning the 1st round: 7.5
Winning the 2nd round: 5
Winning the 3rd round: 2
Winning the Cup: 1

Obviously this could change by the trade deadline and depending on injuries and our playoff opponents.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
The teams that scare me most are the ones who can cause damage on the PP. Specifically, that means the caps, wings, bolts, and pens.

If the habs can keep these teams from having a net positive impact on their PP, then we could be looking at a long run.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Very confident. We have a playoff proven goaltender and playoff proven team and a hard working group of players.

We don't allow a lot of goals and we make teams pay for their mistakes. We've won close games all year and there'll be a lot of games with no powerplays or 1-2. Barring injuries, this team is going to have a good showing.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
With Price I'm very confidant.Not to mention Subban can also be counted on when the pressure is high.Our two best players are strong playoff performers, so that has a calming effect on me at least.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Carey Price has not lost an elimination game since 2011. I truly believe we are, with the Rangers, the 2 best teams in the East.

I am not confident enough for a Stanley Cup win but that will come hopefully next year (or 2) when Galchenyuk can take the next level (as a winger or center) and help Patches offensively. He's getting there.;)

void

Jan 5, 2006
I'm kinda confident because we have Price. He really seems to have gotten inside the opponents' heads... Teams are structuring their entire gameplans around figuring out a way to beat him. Hitchcock admitted last night that simply putting pucks at the net just isn't enough when it comes to Carey.

Aceekay

Oct 9, 2011
Victoria
I think we can go pretty far, but our offence is still pretty shaky, and unless we get stellar playoff performances from a few players, I doubt we get to the finals.

It also depends on who we draw, fine with playing Boston, Detroit, Islanders, would rather not play Tampa or the penguins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad