How come no one talks about Brayden Point?

Prettyisland

Oct 23, 2017
It's good to see this phenomenon hit the main boards too, it's not like we make enough puns about Point on thd Lightning boards.
But how many points could point get if he played the point on the power play ?

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Ehl0rFL.jpg
DX0OIKU.jpg
Brayden PointingBrayden Pointing Again
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Brayden Pointing to himself?

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I always laugh when announcers say "Point takes a shot from the point", then they realize what they just said and try to make some funny joke out of it.

But yeah, i have no idea how this guy fell to the 3rd round. For anyone looking for offense, can it be any more obvious that Point is your man? I don't know if scouts thought they're getting jebaited or what.

Liked for saying "jebaited."

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
This one is easy. Stamkos and kucherov's hot start are overshadowing alot of other things that are going on in Tampa. There's only so much spotlight to go around, especially when we are talking about the hockey world and tampa's place in it.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Because there was like half a dozen players that scored PPG over the course of a full season, and as good as Brayden is, he probably won’t get Point per game over 82 games.
TBF - it looks like scoring will be up this season. I would expect more PPG+ players this season.

Not saying that Point will end up as one of them - second PP and second line is going to limit his production opportunities, but I just wouldn't expect another season of 89 points being in contention for the Art Ross.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Point now has 45p in his last 52gp. That's a 71p pace, though he has been running a bit hot. I think 60-70 points is a completely reasonable expectation.

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
I wonder how many times people made it a point to joke about his name. He must be used to it by now. I also wonder what nickname his teammates gave him.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Tampa's drafting is unfair. Are they employing psychic clairvoyants or something?

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I wonder how many times people made it a point to joke about his name. He must be used to it by now. I also wonder what nickname his teammates gave him.
I've heard Pointer when he's referred to in interviews.

Hockey players aren't very creative.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad