How come no one talks about Brayden Point?

Riddum

Nov 5, 2008
Montreal
What is his potential? Dude seems to have a great nose for the net. He scored 40 pts in 68 games as a rookie. He currently has 14 pts in 13 games. I know he won't keep this pace but I'm curious about people's opinion of him.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
What is his potential? Dude seems to have a great nose for the net. He scored 40 pts in 68 games as a rookie. He currently has 14 pts in 13 games. I know he won't keep this pace but I'm curious about people's opinion of him.
Why wouldn’t he keep up the pace? He’s an absolute dynamo out there. His line consistently dominates possession and zone metrics, and none are riding ridiculous shooting percentages or generally outperforming what is expected of them. He’s very smart, fast as hell, and could very well be THE hardest worker in the league. He’s also set to be “insulated” by Stamkos throughout the prime of his career; pretty soon, teams are gonna have to start making some tough choices about matchups. Tampa’s found an absolute stud in my eyes.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Why wouldn’t he keep up the pace? He’s an absolute dynamo out there. His line consistently dominates possession and zone metrics, and none are riding ridiculous shooting percentages or generally outperforming what is expected of them. He’s very smart, fast as hell, and could very well be THE hardest worker in the league. He’s also set to be “insulated” by Stamkos throughout the prime of his career; pretty soon, teams are gonna have to start making some tough choices about matchups. Tampa’s found an absolute stud in my eyes.

Who's on his line?

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
He's on a team packed with players melting faces at the moment. People will take notice eventually.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I was sold on him when he stepped up to #1 center role last year after all the injuries and didn't look out of place. He's the prototypical Yzerman pick as he has high hockey IQ and has a high work ethic. So glad we got to select him in the second round.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I always laugh when announcers say "Point takes a shot from the point", then they realize what they just said and try to make some funny joke out of it.

But yeah, i have no idea how this guy fell to the 3rd round. For anyone looking for offense, can it be any more obvious that Point is your man? I don't know if scouts thought they're getting jebaited or what.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I always laugh when announcers say "Point takes a shot from the point", then they realize what they just said and try to make some funny joke out of it.
My favorite is "getting points is not new to Brayden Point". Don't remember who said it but it was against the Wild last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad