How can you not love Burns and Thornton?

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
They look like they're about to pop a squat on the sidewalk and start bumming for change. Either that or shirtless Joe could grab a squeegee and put some work in at the stop lights.

How their wives can stand those beards I'll never know...

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
I dunno... In general it's actually really easy for me to dislike guys who walk around in public without a shirt on.

WeegarUnderwood

Fan of Intangibles
Jan 13, 2014
Vancouver, B.C
I love the beards. I know they look a tad ridiculous since they're so long and look so unkempt (although they probably give the beards the utmost care), but I think they look nice

Wish I could grow a beard like that but instead and it just grows outward and doesn't really become long :(

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
They look like they're about to pop a squat on the sidewalk and start bumming for change. Either that or shirtless Joe could grab a squeegee and put some work in at the stop lights.

They and/or their wives have gone on record saying that the wives hate the beards.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

Wives: How much money did you make this year?

Burns: almost 6 million.

Thornton: over 7 million.

Wives: grow anything you want.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
I read the thread title and was like "this is an innocuous looking title. I agree that they're both beauties."

...and then I saw the pic in the OP...

:scared:

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
[MOD]

Back in the days, growing a glorious beard like this would get you all the babes.

Good for them and good for the babes. But just as I want my players to dress up in a suit pre-game, I want them to remain clean-shaven. Fortunately, Lou agrees with me. You will look professional because the team pays your salary, and because you are their representative.

Other teams, do what you want and knock yourselves out.

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
Thornton seems like a pretty unlikable person. So no, a stupid beard and celebrity status doesn't make him likeable sorry.

Burns seems cool though.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Thornton seems like a pretty unlikable person. So no, a stupid beard and celebrity status doesn't make him likeable sorry.

Burns seems cool though.

Based on what? Every time new people get to play with him, they end up talking about his fun personality.

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Kinda weird thornton doesn't have chest hair......

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad