OT: How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Tasty

Oct 5, 2005
Joisey
ONG would probably have some good insight there, but I thought that the general school of thought there is that you want the basic stats like number of bedrooms and bathrooms to be as high as possible.

If nothing else, I guess you've gotta factor that removing a bedroom effectively means a max family size of 4 as opposed to 5 without putting multiple kids in a room, so the place might not show up on a significant amount of searches...

Yeah, I'd try to ask a realtor.

Another option is to just cut into that 4th bedroom and build a walk-in closet for the master, without losing too much of the footage.

We've had contractors say that the 4th bedroom is key, and other's have said "no big deal". :laugh:

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
I dabbled because one of the wings of the business is ServiceNow, but no certifications yet. Pretty cool platform. I need to get more into that and Docker. Changes are a-coming. Anyhow, did you like the cert? Pick up a lot?

We're going to a new shiny centralized help desk/service desk/all things change management tool, and ITIL training was a good thing to take to play along with the implementation.
Pick up a lot? lol... yeah; acronyms up the wazoo. This thing is so intentionally vague so that it can be adopted by anyone for a framework, but damn do they like their acronyms.
Blame the Brits... they conceived the bloody thing.

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
ooof, I am dreading the day an employer tells me I have to take ITIL

My understanding of ITIL is : "How to officially cover your ass and document things so you can blame someone below you in a legally binding and confusing sense"

lol. definitely lots of CYA stuff.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Seven's the key number here. Think about it. 7-Elevens. Seven dwarves. Seven, man, that's the number. Seven chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.
Seven metals of alchemy! Seven notes in a scale! Seven wonders! Seven Seas! Seven deadly sins! It's the first bisyllabic number! It just makes too much sense!

You can't do abs in 6 minutes!

Trying some homemade pizza dough tonight. Made it last night and it's supposed to rise for 18 hours. I can't wait for this to be a complete disaster where I still eat pizza...but it's delivered because I ****ed up :laugh:
We make pizza dough in the bread machine quite frequently and I've only messed it up once when I tried to get too creative. When your worst case dinner scenario is getting pizza delivered, you're in a good place.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
You can't do abs in 6 minutes!

Trying some homemade pizza dough tonight. Made it last night and it's supposed to rise for 18 hours. I can't wait for this to be a complete disaster where I still eat pizza...but it's delivered because I ****ed up :laugh:

When I do homemade pizza I go the easy route and but the Wegmans, made in store, refrigerated dough that you have to let rise for 2 hours. Pizza dough, especially in small batches is such a fickle ***** to get right that I choose not to mess with it.

That being said... Brush the dough with olive oil mixed with garlic and Italian seasoning after it's stretched out in the pan before putting the sauce on.... Heavenly.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Another option is to just cut into that 4th bedroom and build a walk-in closet for the master, without losing too much of the footage.

We've had contractors say that the 4th bedroom is key, and other's have said "no big deal". :laugh:

I would recommend you retain the 4th bdr for resale value. Having 4bdrs opens you to more potential buyers than only having 3. Now if two of the bdrs are adjacent and little more than shoebox size it probably wouldn't matter too much. From my flipping days I would almost never cut out a bdr, redoing sight lines, opening space is a definite plus but not cutting into total bedrooms.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
When I do homemade pizza I go the easy route and but the Wegmans, made in store, refrigerated dough that you have to let rise for 2 hours. Pizza dough, especially in small batches is such a fickle ***** to get right that I choose not to mess with it.

That being said... Brush the dough with olive oil mixed with garlic and Italian seasoning after it's stretched out in the pan before putting the sauce on.... Heavenly.

That is my usual way - the lazy way.

It actually came out edible. However I didn't make enough dough somehow and the crust was super thin. I could taste a positive difference and it was not a failure.

And I usually do the brush, but with melted butter.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
That is my usual way - the lazy way.

It actually came out edible. However I didn't make enough dough somehow and the crust was super thin. I could taste a positive difference and it was not a failure.

And I usually do the brush, but with melted butter.

Melted butter works as well. I actually used to do melted butter until one time I was making it and realized I was out of butter do I subbed the olive oil and have never looked back.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
Well yeah, I knew it was going to be crowded, but figured I'd at least be able to sit down somewhere. Didn't happen so I had one beverage and left. Buncha 21-25 year old kids getting rowdy for the Bills game

#getoffmylawn

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
There's a lot of things I complain about in this country but today has been about perfect so far. Woke up, worked out, surfed the net for a bit, last night's girls headed to class and then I got an hour long 2 girl massage for the whopping sum of $8.75 (380php) not counting the $4.50 tip I split between the girls. I have the Bills game on my 60" tv via HDMI cable and when its done I'll be heading out to play pool and get groped by girls between games.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Looking for some advice.

I have a 2200 sq ft bedroom house with lake access. It's a four bedroom, 3 bath split level house. We gutted the basement and the bathroom on that level and are currently redoing that area.

We are struggling with the idea of leaving it a four bedroom (with 2 small bathrooms upstairs) or making it a 3 bedroom house with a large master suite, which would have a much larger bath and walk-in closet.

We don't want to destroy the re-sale value though. Any thoughts?

I would recommend you retain the 4th bdr for resale value. Having 4bdrs opens you to more potential buyers than only having 3. Now if two of the bdrs are adjacent and little more than shoebox size it probably wouldn't matter too much. From my flipping days I would almost never cut out a bdr, redoing sight lines, opening space is a definite plus but not cutting into total bedrooms.

What about adding a bedroom in the basement and then doing the master suite remodel?

You keep the 4 bedrooms and you get the master suite.

As a dad of 3 kids, I know that a family with an older kid would probably like the basement bedroom, a lot. And mom and dad would love the master suite.

Just another idea...

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Well yeah, I knew it was going to be crowded, but figured I'd at least be able to sit down somewhere. Didn't happen so I had one beverage and left. Buncha 21-25 year old kids getting rowdy for the Bills game

#getoffmylawn

I couldn't tell you the last time I was in a traditional bar. And it's been even longer since I was in one that wasn't just a corner old man bar.

#andstayoffmylawn

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Strangest rain this morning -- we've had torrential rain, moderate rain, driving rain, and mist. But this is just the tiniest bit of light rain and the sun is out as well making it look like glitter. It's almost like snow. Except of course that it's warm.

Penalty Killa

glitter skates
Oct 1, 2007
Sabres Nation
I couldn't tell you the last time I was in a traditional bar. And it's been even longer since I was in one that wasn't just a corner old man bar.

#andstayoffmylawn

My best friend and I went out to a bar on Halloween (Clock stayed home with the kids). It definitely isn't as fun as it used to be, but even at 34, a wedding ring and a body that has just recently had two kids, I still got hit on. So that was nice. :laugh:

Clock

May 13, 2006
I tried a glass of chocolate cherry Baileys last night. It was pretty good, but I probably won't be getting it again.

But seriously, where is the mint Baileys?

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Strangest rain this morning -- we've had torrential rain, moderate rain, driving rain, and mist. But this is just the tiniest bit of light rain and the sun is out as well making it look like glitter. It's almost like snow. Except of course that it's warm.

What's rain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad