OT: How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
No, it's a cardigan, but thanks for noticing!

Yeah! Killer boots, man!

I can't skate this weekend because the damn Islanders have training camp. Pft, like that'll make a difference for them.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
So, our previous developer liked to take shortcuts. Such as....hard coding his personal email address into code with alerts.

Ever since we swapped servers evidently the email function hasn't been working. A quick look showed that the cronjob scheduled to do that had the wrong path for the mail function.

I fixed the path......

grep sales /var/log/maillog | wc -l
[root@el2npanel02 new]# grep olddevsname /var/log/maillog | wc -l

Whoops.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
So in ine of my classes we are watching a documentary and it is making about half the class very uncomfortable and the other half confused / upset. Reason is they're pretty much putting down children for not being a certain way and pretty much taking them to a child boot camp

Nibbler

May 24, 2011
Ambassador to Earth
So, our previous developer liked to take shortcuts. Such as....hard coding his personal email address into code with alerts.

Ever since we swapped servers evidently the email function hasn't been working. A quick look showed that the cronjob scheduled to do that had the wrong path for the mail function.

I fixed the path......

grep sales /var/log/maillog | wc -l
[root@el2npanel02 new]# grep olddevsname /var/log/maillog | wc -l

Whoops.

Devs vs Admins. The war that will be waged for all eternity.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
And already I'm seeing WNYers *****ing about SolarCity. What. The. ****? I may have just lost a few FB friends.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
And already I'm seeing WNYers *****ing about SolarCity. What. The. ****? I may have just lost a few FB friends.

Why the hell would you complain about that? If there's one guy you want investing money and resources in WNY, it's Elon Musk...

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Why the hell would you complain about that? If there's one guy you want investing money and resources in WNY, it's Elon Musk...

My complaint is with the people who are ******** on SolarCity.

I personally love that Musk is involved in something in my hometown.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
My complaint is with the people who are ******** on SolarCity.

I personally love that Musk is involved in something in my hometown.

Yeah I know, I was adding to your comment, not arguing with you. People complaining about SolarCity being in WNY is insane.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
I don't understand how it's possible to complain about jobs being added and sustainable energy industry coming here. Even if you're traditionalist about fossil fuels there's a huge windfall for the area :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad