OT: How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clock

May 13, 2006
I'm almost 40 pounds over where I want to be - proof that you absolutely can have your pudding without eating your meat.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So it appears I will be in the States for a week around New Years. I'm going to try to shed some of my 40 before arriving since we're going to be staying with my parents for part of this, which tends to be heavy on the meat-and-stratch end of the meal spectrum. I've basically given up on running. At this altitude, I walk. :biglaugh: Today's jaunt will be about the height of the Seneca One building (580' down, 580' back), albeit spread out over about 0.7 miles in either direction. The kids want to go along.... :facepalm:

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Are the holidays over yet?

I used to love the holiday season but the combination of them being over commercialized and working at a location inside a mall it has totally soured me to them this year. I'm sure on the actual days I'll be happy they are here but until then... Bahhumbug.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge

I used to love the holiday season but the combination of them being over commercialized and working at a location inside a mall it has totally soured me to them this year. I'm sure on the actual days I'll be happy they are here but until then... Bahhumbug.

Oh man, when I worked in retail (at a drugstore), I HATED the holiday season. Halloween not over? Doesn't matter, set up the aisle for Christmas. Christmas just ended? Boom. Easter candy. The worst was I worked that job in high school. So June would roll around, summer vacation, hell yeah! Guess what got set up? Back to school. In June. LAME! :laugh:

Got a look at an apartment today. Not bad, all things relative (mostly the rent, coming in at $1K/month for me and my prospective roommate). Has two true bedrooms, a small living room that will have to double as a 'dining area'. Kitchen is a joke, probably the size of my cubicle here.

But, I could turn a 90 minute commute into a 15 minute one :amazed:

Feel my struggle here: http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/fee/4761331329.html

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Yorkshire pudding is phenomenal.

True story.

I used to think it would be kind of cool working in a mall, but thinking about the congestion at malls during the holiday season is convincing me otherwise. :laugh:

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY

You mean you don't like everything holidays starting November 1st?

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Since I've joined the remote work, my attittude on driving in the snow has does a literal 180.

Previously, I took pride in the ability to drive in the snow, and even on treacherous days, I'd make it in.

However, since my current (and, if given the choice, all future) work allows me to work remote, plainly put, if there is a significant degradation of driving conditions, I won't be coming in. Period. Why risk it when there is no reason to other than going to the office?

Also, when you consider my commute currently takes me over and literally through the Poconos and 65 miles each way, pretty much any significant snowfall during the route has the potential to make issues at higher elevations. So, any snow down this way? I'm not coming to the office.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Oh man, when I worked in retail (at a drugstore), I HATED the holiday season. Halloween not over? Doesn't matter, set up the aisle for Christmas. Christmas just ended? Boom. Easter candy. The worst was I worked that job in high school. So June would roll around, summer vacation, hell yeah! Guess what got set up? Back to school. In June. LAME! :laugh:

Got a look at an apartment today. Not bad, all things relative (mostly the rent, coming in at $1K/month for me and my prospective roommate). Has two true bedrooms, a small living room that will have to double as a 'dining area'. Kitchen is a joke, probably the size of my cubicle here.

But, I could turn a 90 minute commute into a 15 minute one :amazed:

Feel my struggle here: http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/fee/4761331329.html

With working in a restaurant I don't have to deal with changes like that but just everything Christmas since the day before Halloween and people being ***holes during holiday shopping has me sounding like a grumpy old man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad