How can Tampa Bay even compete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I mean... if this game was indicative of anything, it's that the Leafs can compete/play better than Tampa. Unless, of course, you're going to bet me that if they meet in the playoffs, Vasilevskiy will have a .980 series save percentage and Andersen will have an .810 series save percentage.

That and Nylander should be in form by then, and Hyman likely won't be suspended for the series. It should be fun.

Or it's that the Leafs on their best day vs. Tampa Bay on their worst winds up 4-1 Lightning.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Or it's that the Leafs on their best day vs. Tampa Bay on their worst winds up 4-1 Lightning.

If Tampa's worst day is a .980 save percentage while facing 49 shots and their goalie setting a career high for saves in a game... I'm shocked they've lost a game all season.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I mean... if this game was indicative of anything, it's that the Leafs can compete/play better than Tampa. Unless, of course, you're going to bet me that if they meet in the playoffs, Vasilevskiy will have a .980 series save percentage and Andersen will have an .810 series save percentage.

That and Nylander should be in form by then, and Hyman likely won't be suspended for the series. It should be fun.

It's the NHL. Any team can outplay another on a given day

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
”It is only a game, why do you hef to be mad? Do you know how cold it is in Toronto during November?”

Lets give them something before they exit first round this year aswell

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
It's the NHL. Any team can outplay another on a given day

This.

The sabres last year beat Nashville, Tampa Washington and Toronto in the same two week span.

The sabres....LAST YEAR, and his post was just about “outworking the other team”

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
I dont get the goaltending part, Yampa leads NHL even when Vas was out, would Leafs won do many games if Andersen was out 4 weeks, and Sparks was their guy?

sessiroth

Jan 21, 2010
Toronto Ont.
The gap between the defenses is bigger then any other gap in the match up. That's why these things are stupid. Toronto might have arguably a tiny bit better goalie, offense, coach but the gap between the defenders crushes all the rest put together. Leafs need a top 4 dmen to close the gap.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
The gap between the defenses is bigger then any other gap in the match up. That's why these things are stupid. Toronto might have arguably a tiny bit better goalie, offense, coach but the gap between the defenders crushes all the rest put together. Leafs need a top 4 dmen to close the gap.
It's not tiny bit better goaltending...there is no chance Toronto would have a 9-1 record in 10 games with Sparks as the starting goalie.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If Tampa's worst day is a .980 save percentage while facing 49 shots and their goalie setting a career high for saves in a game... I'm shocked they've lost a game all season.

Yeah. Our goalie is awesome.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
God I hate both these teams. Wish they weren't so soft so they could pound each other into the ground when they meet in the playoffs

Last edited:
Reactions: shtorm2005
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad