How can Tampa Bay even compete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
The Leafs have dominated Tampa tonight, shots currently 47-20, and 14-1 in this 3rd period, simple case of a hot goalie stealing a game.

I’m quite satisfied that the Leafs have been able to thoroughly outshoot the #1 team in the league, replay this game 100 times and the Leafs win 99 times.
Replay this game 99 times and Tampa isn't going to be as sloppy in their own zone and Kucherov won't primary assist on the Leafs only goal.

I can do stuff too.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
If people are going to get their feelings hurt by home broadcasts I think they'd best not watch other teams home broadcasts.

I don't think I've ever seen anything as biased as something like that tho lol

They didnt even consider ties

Like their top 6 and goaltending couldn't be considered a wash

Jackson14

Feb 23, 2013
If people are going to get their feelings hurt by home broadcasts I think they'd best not watch other teams home broadcasts.

People are obsessed with the Blue & White. Every home team broadcast is biased but what team gets a thread made about it? The Leafs.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
So if a team hits ten posts it's not luck to you?

Nope, the player missed his shot and didn't aim correctly, or the goalie gave him nothing. You could say "if it was an inch inside then its a goal" but then I could say if it's an inch outside then it misses the net entirely

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
Anyone who watched that game knows the Leafs dominated the entire thing. Tampa had some timely goals and Vasilevsky was crazy.

Great learning game for the Leafs that will make them better.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
And lol at Tampa fans and leaf haters. Tampa needed god like goaltending to win against the leafs. They looked like garbage. Wasn't impressed. Don't get to cocky Tampa. How many president trophy winners have won the cup in the last decade? Nashville only lost 19 regulation games last year and lost in the second round. Regular season success means nothing come playoff time.

Leafs swept Boston handidly 4-0 regular season last year and still lost to them in the first round. I still think Washington is the team to beat.

I think others are pumping our team up more than we do.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
So if a team hits ten posts it's not luck to you?

What dont you understand that the goalie missed it and hitting a post could also result in a goal? Bar down as they say. Don't act like theres not a massive difference between ten feet and an inch.

"Bar down" is in reference to the crossbar, not the posts on either side of the goaltender.

If I shoot the puck from the point and completely miss the net by 5 feet...is that luck because the goaltender didn't stop the puck?

Goaltenders aren't supposed to cover much of the post in the first place-their body will be covering the outside of the post, thus leaving more empty net for shooters. It actually makes sense why a goaltender hugs the post, rather than covering the post.

Shot that hit the post don't go in. That's not luck, it's poor shooting.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
People are obsessed with the Blue & White. Every home team broadcast is biased but what team gets a thread made about it? The Leafs.
The best part is, SN does this pregame and then, after the Leafs dominate, they talk about how much better TBay is.

And people think SN is pro Leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad