How can Tampa Bay even compete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
The Leaves came with their A game and Tampa their C game.

TB 4
Leaves 1

Ouch.
I mean, it's not like Tampa still outplayed Toronto despite not even trying. They got dominated and won because they had a 19% shooting percentage and a .979 sv%. any team, good or bad, can accomplish that. Obviously it's a meaningless game and Tampa's still a better team, but I don't see any reason for Tampa fans to hang their hat on a game like that

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Also lol at goaltending.
Goaltending is about even to me. Unless they were assuming Vasilevskiy wasn't gonna start this game when they made that and were just forgetting about him and using Domingue as the default goalie there. Both have a very good starter and both have a pretty mediocre backup, that probably won't hurt you a whole lot with how much each team scores.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Toronto tried, Tampa didn't. In the end it doesn't mean anything until the playoffs.

sessiroth

Jan 21, 2010
Toronto Ont.
The difference in goals for. Between Toronto SuperUltraDuperOffense and Tampa Bay Underdogs:

1) Last year. Toronto is 19 goals behind.
2) This year. Toronto is 20 goals behind.

It looks like you have a very well informed opinion :sarcasm:
Looking at just total goal scored doesn't take into account goals scored by defensmen or injuries. We were missing Nylander the whole season minus 4 games and matthews for over half the year. Take away point and kucherov from Tampa and lets see if theyre still ahead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Tavares Matthews Kadri
Vs.
Point Stamkos Cirelli

Marner Nylander Kapanen
Vs.
Kucherov Johnson Gourde

Marleau Johnsson Hyman
Vs.
Miller Palat Killorn

Toronto 1st line scored 32 goals this season
Toronto 2nd line = 35 goals
Toronto 3rd line = 16 goals
----
Top6 = 67 goals
Top9 = 83 goals

Tampa 1st line = 27 goals
Tampa 2nd line = 47 goals
Tampa 3rd line = 22 goals
---
Top6 = 74 goals
Top9 = 96 goals

Let's make the reality check.
So what you saying is 67>74 and 83>96.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
And lol at Tampa fans and leaf haters. Tampa needed god like goaltending to win against the leafs. They looked like garbage. Wasn't impressed. Don't get to cocky Tampa. How many president trophy winners have won the cup in the last decade? Nashville only lost 19 regulation games last year and lost in the second round. Regular season success means nothing come playoff time.

Leafs swept Boston handidly 4-0 regular season last year and still lost to them in the first round. I still think Washington is the team to beat.
Tampa is a veteren team that coasted in a December regular season game that means nothing but the Leafs played like it was a playoff game and still lost. Shows what a paper tiger they are.

sessiroth

Jan 21, 2010
Toronto Ont.
Tampa is a veteren team that coasted in a December regular season game that means nothing but the Leafs played like it was a playoff game and still lost. Shows what a paper tiger they are.
Yea just like they coasted against Washington last year in the playoffs. Only paper tigers I see this year is Calgary.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
This post is beyond ridiculous. Looking at just total goal scored doesn't take into account goals scored by defensmen or injuries. We were missing Nylander the whole season minus 4 games and matthews for over half the year. Take away point and kucherov from Tampa and lets see if theyre still ahead. Give your head a shake.

You seem to know what your talking about :sarcasm:

Have you ever checked this page NHL Hockey Standings ?
You probably should. Cause it takes into account everything you've just complained about - all injuries and all defensmen goals included.

Warning: Sorry, but there is no any special treatment for Toronto fans on that page. It may hurt your feelings.

Last edited:

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Last I checked Washington was in the finals. Also embarrassed the leafs how? By barely winning a game 7? Lmao.
Remember u guys claimed it was gonna be an easy series win cause of the regular season against Boston? Than they demolished ur team. And Tampa demolished Boston. Tampa made the conference finals while the Leafs were golfing.

sessiroth

Jan 21, 2010
Toronto Ont.
Have you ever checked this page NHL Hockey Standings ?
You probably should. Cause it takes into account everything you've just complained about - all injuries and all defensmen goals included.

Warning: Sorry, but there is no any special treatment for Toronto fans on that page. It may heart your feelings.
What garbage is this? Do you not know how to read? I said Tampa d > Toronto d which includes goals by dmen. Bringing up the standings in a argument about offense shows how weak your argument is. I see you didn't reply to my question either.

sessiroth

Jan 21, 2010
Toronto Ont.
Remember u guys claimed it was gonna be an easy series win cause of the regular season against Boston? Than they demolished ur team. And Tampa demolished Boston. Tampa made the conference finals while the Leafs were golfing.
Kind of how you guys are doing the same thing right now after a regular season win in December? The irony is not lost on you. Lmao

Reactions: Yackiberg8

Kaeften

Mar 19, 2018
Sweden
What garbage is this? Do you not know how to read? I said Tampa d > Toronto d which includes goals by dmen. Bringing up the standings in a argument about offense shows how weak your argument is. I see you didn't reply to my question either.

How is standings a bad argument when they show that Tampa have the best amount of goals for/per game. Did I not get the memo that said goals are not a measurement of offense? Why would goals by defensemen not count as offense? Even if you only want to determine offense from the forward corps, Hint1k provided kinda waterproof evidence that Tampas forward group puts more pucks in the net. Nylander has 2 assists in the 4 games he's been back, which shows you can't use a "Nylander didn't play so we would've had way more goals"-argument. I'll give you a pass for AM missing, but it's not like he's surrounded by mediocre players that do nothing when their star is gone.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
People consider posts lucky because it’s the closest you can come to scoring without scoring on a shot that beats the goalie.

That’s not a tonight revelation, that’s a spend some time in any hockey rink in the world bit of common sense.

And let this sink in, for the majority of post shots if it was just a few inches lower or closer to the opening of the net it is probably stopped.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Man i feel sorry for the tampa fans having to deal with the leafs fanbase regularly. Except for the scooby doo guy.

That’s what makes it fun. Play in the same division as 4 ”original 6” teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad