How are you staying fit during the Coronavirus?

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Bought a squat rack and 250lbs of plates along with a stationary bike when gyms closed.

I actually am in the best shape of my life right now. I weighed 185 at the start of covid with 19% body fat, now at 174 with 14% body fat. Definitely lost some muscle mass overall, but all of my lifts are up so I don't really care. I've had a personal goal to have a six pack since I was a overweight bastard in middle school and my douche 6th grade gym teacher said it'll never happen. Figured I may as well try to hit that goal now.

Typically, I lift 4 days a week and do some cardio twice or at least get 10,000 steps in. However, the most important piece is diet. I started eating five low carb 500 calorie meals a day, now I eat five low carb 400 calorie meals or less. Also, no fake sugar. Only sugar I ingest is natural. I suggest watching "That Sugar Film". Really helped change my diet.

I've been wanting to do more cardio to speed up the process, but been too lazy as of late

Reactions: 82Ninety42011

nihlify

Jan 20, 2010
I haven't... xD

I've done the gym thing 2-4 times a week, but all my cardio (running, walking) died when all the races started to get cancelled and I lost motivation. So while I'm stronger from the weight lifting, I'm also a lot heavier since I never adjusted my food intake when my cardio went away. I know, I'm smart!

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
I have a stationary bike in my gym room along with a mounted TV. Whenever I feel like going to watch something on Crave TV or Amazon Prime TV, I'll go into the gym room, turn on the show/movie and start riding the bike while watching. So far, it's been pretty easy to keep doing it. It doesn't even feel like I'm doing physical activity. I'm just focused on watching the TV.

Antonio Gentereo

Aug 10, 2021
Toronto
For me personally, closed halls are not a problem. Since I used to only work out my body. I went to sports to get my body in shape. Now, when they closed all the gyms first of all, I started working out at home a little bit. And I got very deep into mental health. And now I'm doing online life coaching certification. To improve my spiritual health and mental health. Since it's very hard to sit on quarantine. Especially when you're alone. I think you can go crazy like that.

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I walk. I can average 4 mph for 45 minutes or so. Usually, it is a mile or two and it isn't every day. I average about 8000 steps a day. I also do my own yard work. Mowing my small yard means walking a mile. I have a hedge and some bushes that grow like weeds. We average 48 inches of snow in Milwaukee. I dread it when we get half of that in one month, like last winter. I have a sturdy shovel.

Winter is coming and it is dark at 6:30 AM and 4:30 PM, so it makes it more difficult with only 9 daylight hours just like in Greenland. Monday night the Low is forecast as 9 F. It has been windy here recently. That could be nasty if we have both cold and wind at the same time.

I walk indoors at Milwaukee Admirals games. That is about 3 mph due to the crowds. In 2019, I hit 5.33 miles at a game, but a mile or two is typical. In 2019, I agreed walk 500 "extra" miles as part of a health thing through work. It took to the end of November to get it done.

During November, the Ads only played 4 home games. That was a bit of a set back. December has 5 games and January has 7. April has 8, so that will get me in shape for the outdoor season when it is light from 5:30 AM to 9:30 PM.

Last edited:

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
... We average 48 inches of snow in Milwaukee. I dread it when we get half of that in one month, like last winter. I have a sturdy shovel. ...
That sturdy shovel still requires a sturdy back. Last winter I calculated the total weight of the snow that I shoveled from my front sidewalk & two-car driveway & the street at the base of the driveway, after an 8-inch snowfall. It was a SCARY big number.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
That sturdy shovel still requires a sturdy back. Last winter I calculated the total weight of the snow that I shoveled from my front sidewalk & two-car driveway & the street at the base of the driveway, after an 8-inch snowfall. It was a SCARY big number.

I have been trying to strengthen my core. That helps with the back issues.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Also have back issues. Luckily I have a PT friend at work who’s shown me some good exercises for it. Back hasn’t feel this good in 2-3 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad