How are you feeling about the Buffalo Sabres right now?

How do you feel about the Buffalo Sabres?

• Optimistic - feel that things are going well and excited for next season youth movement and rebuild

Votes: 14 7.4%
  • Ambivalent - don't care and no longer emotionally invested...not interested in following the team

Votes: 27 14.3%
  • Angry - upset about the last decade, mad at the current status, and not optimistic about the future

Votes: 37 19.6%
  • Sad/Disappointed - how did it all go so wrong and sad about the mindset of our current star players

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Undecided - depends how things go this summer

Votes: 51 27.0%

• Total voters

FormerSabresFan

Sep 14, 2015
Just curious how everyone is feeling about this organization as a whole right now...optimistic, ambivalent, angry, etc.?

Feel free to just vote or comment below if you feel like explaining your choices...

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
funny_shower_thoughts_1542869862.gif

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
I honestly am excited to have different players take the things the reins. I have not liked this team in some time, but I enjoyed what I saw at the tail end of this year. If you give me some players that care, don’t sulk, and try every night, I will be a lot happier than I have been.

Reactions: buud and MillerTime

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Angry. Tired of this shit. We deserve better than this, and we deserve owners who care about every side of hockey. AKA a SCOUTING DEPARTMENT, and COMPETENT HOCKEY OPS. I want boot Kevyn out on his ass.

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
I'm more depressed than angry. The organization has certainly failed, but it's not all one person's fault. I'm not interested in blaming anybody in particular, including the owners, I just want it to get fixed.

I'm hopeful that Adams can get it right and that we can start over with this young core and turn it around before too long. I understand the Eichel/Reinhart/Risto mindsight and why they feel the way they feel, but I also don't appreciate it. I wish they'd be positive and commit to being here and getting it right rather than bitching and pouting and throwing the organization under the bus instead of just asking for a trade behind closed doors.

Having said that, I don't blame them for the state of the team. Again, I don't care about blame. Just want it to be better.

I'm ok with Adams trading Eichel/Reinhart IF he can get a good return because it could help turn things in the right direction, but if he screws it up, it's going to set the team back for much longer and that's going to be real tough to deal with. The truth is we have no reason to think they'll get it right, but I'm going to hope for it anyway.

Reactions: jputt99 and Vito_81

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Largely ambivalent. I have an idle curiosity in what the offseason brings but I can't imagine even getting angry about a ROR esque trade because they've beaten the care out of me.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I am optimistic and for good reason. I've already laid out how different the scorched earth rebuild from before was vs how it would be now which is essentially a retooling by getting rid of players who don't want to be here and going forward with the core who do.

I'm excited for a new youth movement as I am tired of watching the same tried and fail shit for the last 7 years while everyone thinks some changes are going to make a difference each year.

I don't think Eichel should have ever been captain. He doesn't seem like he buys into a team. It's always seems like it's just been about him. Dahlin, Cozens, Mittlestadt don't give me those vibes.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Sad/dissapointed fits most closely, but I'm not wondering how it all went so wrong

Reactions: muhmuhMatt

Tsujimoto

Jan 23, 2006
I guess 'ambivalent' probably comes closest for me right now. I could count the number of games I watched following our Covid shutdown this year on one hand. Last time I did watch a game I didn't even recognize half the players on the team. Can't even muster up any real anger about how poorly the team has been run.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Largely ambivalent. I have an idle curiosity in what the offseason brings but I can't imagine even getting angry about a ROR esque trade because they've beaten the care out of me.

Yep. For the first time probably ever, I really don't care what happens this summer. I may look in to see what they're doing once in a while, but I just don't care what happens with the team anymore.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
I am optimistic. I think KA is smart, and I think he will learn from his mistakes.

Whatever directions they choose to go in, they need to be coherent. And their needs to be an understanding that a magic bullet (Taylor Hall) isn't going to solve anything. Comprehensive fixes are in order.

There shouldn't be any talk of playoffs at any level this offseason. If they choose to not tank, but to bring back the core or re-set with different key pieces, the bottom line is we were the worst team in the NHL and the magnitude of the past decade deserves a serious prognosis.

I would totally support moving any player that has had it with the franchise. Build back smarter. Have a plan to survive the Skinner contract and escape it with minimal damage. And if Eichel goes, you have to find an elite young replacement in the draft to sell to the fan base.

This is a critical offseason and they can't mess it up. Im optimistic.

Reactions: Reddawg

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
None of the choices represent where I am at. It's a combination of the various choices.

I am mostly "AMBIVALENT" but I definitely do care about following the team and will continue to do so.

I'm beyond anger at this point; I assume it will not go very well and we are nowhere close to being a good team.

If/WHEN Jack and Sam leave, it will get a lot worse.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
Zero faith in the process and feel the only way this team will get better is by dumb luck and hitting on a great coach and superstar from a draft.

I continue to hold out faith that things will continue to get worse, while the Bills get better...

...and that maybe a few years in the future, Pegula decides to dump the Sabres and focus on the Bills.

The prospect of a change in Sabres ownership is the only thing I really care about anymore in terms of Sabres hockey.

Reactions: Fearnot

Rastin

Jul 14, 2004
It's largely going to come down to what happens with Eichel and Sam, IF they buy in, at least for next season, I'm excited for next year. I really loved watching the younger guys start to blossom at the end of the year and am excited to see them play with some skill sheltering them. If they get moved, well, that's another story alltogether.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad