How are you feeling about the Buffalo Sabres right now?

How do you feel about the Buffalo Sabres?

• Optimistic - feel that things are going well and excited for next season youth movement and rebuild

Votes: 14 7.4%
  • Ambivalent - don't care and no longer emotionally invested...not interested in following the team

Votes: 27 14.3%
  • Angry - upset about the last decade, mad at the current status, and not optimistic about the future

Votes: 37 19.6%
  • Sad/Disappointed - how did it all go so wrong and sad about the mindset of our current star players

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Undecided - depends how things go this summer

Votes: 51 27.0%

• Total voters

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I have gone from "undecided" to "freaking scared". Seems inevitable that Eichel, Reinhart and Risto are all gone. The unknown returns that Adams will get scares the bejeebus out of me.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Honestly I don’t know how to feel right now. This offseason could go in so many different directions and has so many moving parts.

1) The Jack/Sam decisions could go in 4 different directions

- Jack and Sam start the season here
-Jack stays/Sam goes
-Jack goes/Sam stays
- Jack and Sam both go

If they both come back I would be pretty happy. If they get traded the returns better be worth it.

2) Coach needs to be hired. We’ve heard a lot of different names. I’d be happy with Granato to see what he could do. Not really for or against many of the other options rumored like Tocchet, Lambert, etc. Once we have a a new coach I’ll start making judgments when camp rolls around and lineup decisions start taking shape, systemic decisions are made, etc.

3) We need two goalies. Would like to see Ullmark back but there are a lot of options available this offseason.

4) Expansion draft strategy and how it plays out.

5) How much of the roster will be youth (with or without Jack/Sam)

I need to start seeing some of it play out before I can get my bearings on how I feel.

I know I’ll feel bummed if we trade Jack and/or Sam. Even if we get a great haul and reset things in a positive way with the trades. I’ll still feel bummed we had to make the trades in the first place.

Last edited:

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
I have gone from "undecided" to "freaking scared". Seems inevitable that Eichel, Reinhart and Risto are all gone. The unknown returns that Adams will get scares the bejeebus out of me.

I'm excited to see the unknown returns, in the same way I'm excited to see the results of my kidney ultrasound.

Reactions: Zman5778

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
I dropped down to Undecided. The trade rumor stuff is depressing and the coach search seems to have dragged on too long. I hate what I'm thinking about the whole Eichel mess. I hate that we're worried about losing some 3rd line guy in the expansion draft. The second interview for Tocchet is icing on the cake of indecision. If he's the next coach, all I can say is I'm not going back up to Optimistic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad