House of Cards Cancelled

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Mmmm, Spacey is one of my favorite actors and this news is disturbing. Might be difficult to view him in the same way.

It was also 31 years ago. If more people were coming out, accusing Spacey of similar things in recent years, people would be right to think different of him. But to label Spacey in 2017 a creep and a predator because of something he did in the mid-1980s is wrong and does nothing to help victims of abuse and sexual assault.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
It was also 31 years ago. If more people were coming out, accusing Spacey of similar things in recent years, people would be right to think different of him. But to label Spacey in 2017 a creep and a predator because of something he did in the mid-1980s is wrong and does nothing to help victims of abuse and sexual assault.

True but this is not your average person accusing him. Just hate to see people get dragged down like this and if it's true, I'm disgusted. It's a no win situation.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
True but this is not your average person accusing him. Just hate to see people get dragged down like this and if it's true, I'm disgusted. It's a no win situation.

I mean it’s another actor. If it was some random person we would have heard nothing more. The fact it’s all actors coming out with this isn’t actually encouraging positive change. And in Spacey’s case, it’s going to negatively impact the people working on his show more than either Spacey or Rapp I suspect.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

To no great surprise, more people are coming out.

Eight people who worked on House of Cards came forward Thursday to share their allegations about Spacey’s behavior. Two of them say that Spacey touched them without their consent; one of them, a former production assistant, says that when he was driving Spacey to work, the actor put his hands down the assistant’s pants.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/11/kevin-spacey-agency-publicist-accusers

member 51464

Those allegations are insane! I mean how untouchable do you have to feel to be so brazenly a piece of shit.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
I suppose every studio is going to stop production and therefore shut down because of one their executives or employees, did something unethical or even illegal in the past 30 years. I suppose every company in the world is going close the doors too.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I suppose every studio is going to stop production and therefore shut down because of one their executives or employees, did something unethical or even illegal in the past 30 years. I suppose every company in the world is going close the doors too.

suggest you google the news

Spacey is now under investigation in both NY and London

and there are now about 20 allegations from the series House of Card---

so it is some fairly recent times that these allegations are from

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

This post didn't age well.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Thank god they’re ending it anyways. Is there even any reason to watch with Claire at the helm in what we know is the final season? Meh.

Reactions: jasonleaffan

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Lol, it was already going to be the final season for season 6, now they just want to act like "Hey guys, listen, we're taking the high road here and we're done...but don't remember that we were already done after this next season anyway!!"

Yeah he's fired. Thank god, such a disgraceful human being he turned out to be.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Lol, it was already going to be the final season for season 6, now they just want to act like "Hey guys, listen, we're taking the high road here and we're done...but don't remember that we were already done after this next season anyway!!"

Yeah he's fired. Thank god, such a disgraceful human being he turned out to be.
They also fired him and cut all ties with another project he was set to star in for Netflix.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
And perspective should change but why should we not be surprised? It was wrong to assume that Spacey continued his poor behavior, regardless of whether future allegations confirmed the speculation.

Often with these cases, a single allegation leads to many allegations.

It isn’t surprising for anyone except those holding out hope that Spacey made a single “drunken” mistake with a 14 year old boy.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Often with these cases, a single allegation leads to many allegations.

It isn’t surprising for anyone except those holding out hope that Spacey made a single “drunken” mistake with a 14 year old boy.

Sure, but that doesn't mean we should jump to conclusions. I see too many times where a person who previously did something wrong is now always assumed to be that person, which makes it really easy for them to just say f*** it and start being that person. It does no one any good to speculate.

Spacey himself wasn't very old when this happened. I wasn't jumping to any conclusions before more information. I care only about fact, not assumption.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
There goes one of my favorite TV shows in recent years. Well, it`s lost a lot of quality after the first handful of seasons, so it's probably for the better. Like someone mentioned before, i'm not sure If I care about House of Claire.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
There is no show without Spacey... It would be unwatchable, I guess they had two episodes filmed already. They also canned a Netflix movie he was involved in. The last season kind of sucked anyways..

Spacey: one of the greatest actors of this generation IMO, his legacy will be tarnished. Will he act again? Who knows. I guess he's receiving treatment. I give him some credit for not going the typical route and out right denying the 1st accusation. I knew once he didn't it was going to be bad. Also didn't care for how he responding to the 1st accusation and then rolled it in to his coming out party.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad