House of Cards Cancelled

Nurmagomedov

Apr 13, 2015
Good, now they can focus on making the show end well instead of stretching it any more.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
FYI: Multiple sources tell TVLine, which first reported the news, that the decision to wrap up the series was made months ago and not in response to the controversy surrounding its Golden Globe-winning star.
giphy.gif

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
Cancelled isn't the same thing as ending. The show was never going to go for ever and given the drastic drop in quality I was going to stop watching if the next season wasn't the last.

Last edited:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It was probably going to end anyways because, as mentioned, the quality has dropped like a rock. If it were solely due to allegations, they probably would have just killed off Frank if they intended to keep the show going.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Good, hopefully this season is faster paced and they tie up all the loose ends. I'm not sure what more they could have written in.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I was enthralled for the first two seasons but its been all downhill since.

Haven't even looked at the latest season on Netflix. Just don't care.

But also truth is an "over the top" political thriller loses a lot of it's intrigue with Donald Trump being the actual, real life President.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Doug Stamper? The least charismatic character in the history of television?
Love the actor but the character is way too boring.

Surprised they’re suspending production. After the s5 conclusion, you can kill off Frank and continue on with Claire and her downfall for the final season I guess. I don’t know. I won’t lose sleep over not getting a proper conclusion though — that’s how bad the show has gotten.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Stamper was great at first when he was just Spacey's amoral, sycophantic errand boy.

God the first season and a half of this show were just so good. but once they dropped the Zoey Barnes plot line I checked out on the show entirely.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
They should have followed the UK House of Cards model and ended things after season 3. At the most season 4. You could tell they were running out of material and were stretching out weak storylines to fill in episodes.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Love the actor but the character is way too boring.

Surprised they’re suspending production. After the s5 conclusion, you can kill off Frank and continue on with Claire and her downfall for the final season I guess. I don’t know. I won’t lose sleep over not getting a proper conclusion though — that’s how bad the show has gotten.

Frankly considering how things ended in season 5, killing off Frank doesn't seem out of place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad